If you have an electrical/ HVAC or controls background we encorurage you to apply to join the Equinix facilities team at one of the leading data centers in Australia. In this role you will work business hours – Monday to Friday on a static site. This is a chance to move off the tools and use your trouble shooting ability in a large global leader in the technology industry.
For this role we offer a competitive salary package.(Base + healthcare + bonus + shares)
Who we are
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development.
You will join the team of Facility Engineers. The Facility Engineers are responsible for supervising and performing facilities engineering work, including (but not limited to), alarm response, fault finding, maintenance, repairs, and modification of equipment relating to controls, electrical, mechanical systems and equipment.
- Safety Systems Management
- Alarm Response and Incident Management
- Breakdown and Repairs Management
- Maintenance Scheduling
- Maintain Security Policy and Procedure
- WHS (personnel) Management
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Infrastructure Testing and Acceptance
- Security Reporting
- Incident Management
- Contractor Induction
- Material Movement Management
- Hazard Management
- Infrastructure Monitoring for Performance
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills, proficient in English language
- Great attitude, positive outlook, enjoys working in a team environment
- May have managed a small team or worked with multiple vendors
- Excels at problem solving and thinking on their feet
- 3 + years experience post trade or degree
- Mechanical (HVAC) or Electrical/ Controls
- Trade background or degree in Engineering
- Basic to intermediate computer skills/ Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.