Industry Consultant – Life Sciences (Epidemiology)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
SAS seeks an Industry Consultant with applied public health experience focused on development of pharmaceutical products, the generation of real world evidence and population health challenges. The candidate will have a strong background in the study of the occurrence of disease and other health-related outcomes or events. Proven experience in harnessing evidence for decision making and providing insights for the planning of prevention, intervention and evaluation measures. Candidate must possess direct experience working in real world evidence for pharmaceutical development, or health-related organizations with a working knowledge of health policy. This candidate will use their deep healthcare and epidemiological expertise to advance SAS analytic solutions primarily in life sciences and pharmaceutical companies but also supporting projects that drive government health care policies and health care organizations, deepen industry relationships and win new business opportunities. This candidate will serve as a global health care and life sciences industry and domain expert in the topics of public health at SAS and participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ experience and leadership in Life Sciences (e.g. author publications, speak at industry events, enable other SAS teams, participate in industry associations and standards groups).
Reporting to the Director of the Global Health and Life Sciences Practice, the candidate will provide customer advisory and sales support for SAS within the Asia-Pacific (APAC) health care ecosystem, and support global team objectives. Responsibilities and functions include:
- Learns current SAS products, practices, service offerings and resources that help position SAS within the pharmaceutical and life sciences organizations, global, national and regional government health agencies and organizations, hospitals, other health care provider and payer healthcare ecosystem and grow new customer sales and solution implementation opportunities (with a primary focus on the APAC region).
- Participates and shares product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings, how each solution addresses health and epidemiological business challenges, competitive analysis and positioning to identify how SAS offerings stand apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Utilizes knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings, and works with SAS product management to determine SAS solution and product roadmaps and strategy.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data analysis, data modeling, preparing predictive models (i.e. SAS models) and creating reports to support decision making efforts, program evaluation and measurement to improve public health outcomes.
- Understanding of enterprise level business process flows in areas related to supported solutions.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
Planning and Supporting Sales Support and Enablement Activities
- Develop and support industry specific business development strategies that enables the APAC and global SAS sales teams to establish SAS as the preferred partner in advanced analytic platforms and capabilities in the health care and life sciences space. These strategies will assist in identifying solutions that are best suited for current and future client needs.
- Provide support for corporate and sales goal attainment and strategic guidance on business plan development for SAS industry-focused account teams.
- Provide support and strategic guidance to SAS sales organization leadership to develop new account penetration strategies.
- Work on enablement for sales teams in diverse SAS regional and global teams
- Supporting the global industry marketing manager in creating meaningful thought leadership and world-class industry content confirming SAS as a world player in health care and real world data analytics
- Assist with identifying additional business needs and sales opportunities to address what solutions are best suited for current and future client base
- Articulate compelling SAS capabilities at the C-level and across organizational layers
- Work with life sciences and pharmaceutical lobbying infrastructure needs and identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that are needed to facilitate SAS positioning
- Identify competitive advances in the marketplace.
Supporting and Growing Industry Relationships
- Identify industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry that well-position SAS and its offerings
- Establish and support strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings and the demand of the industry
- Establish relationships with customers including strategic high-level influencers, policymakers, decision-makers, operational management, and end users that establishes SAS as a credible and trusted advisor for informing current and future technology and analytic needs.
- Continuously improve the data analytics platform, creating industry-leading performance through leveraging new and creative data sources and collaboration models with third party networks
- Develop and address opportunities around novel sources or applications of data, and define how customer create additional value through utilization of real world data and analytics, and drive cultural change towards data and analytics centricity in organizations
- Identify competitor advances in the market
- Provide support all states of sales engagement to foster current account relationships to drive greater business growth.
- Build customer references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, in Biology, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Health Policy, Global Health, Social Services or related discipline
- Require 8+ years of experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical organization with a focus on epidemiology and/or related areas with hands on experience with data quality, modeling, analysis and reporting.
- Understanding of AI, machine learning and software libraries used in analysis of biological and patient data
- Experience handling patient registries, electronic medical records, claims and other observational patient data sources with an understanding of privacy and legal regulations
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to facilitate business development strategies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to travel through APAC and globally as business requires (avg. 30%)
You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are ourand influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends with healthcare and clinical data integration and advanced analytics applications within industry, national and local government agencies.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated experience in industry domain policies, procedures, relationships and credibility.
- Public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills.
- Experience supporting sales across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to non-technical internal/external audiences.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.