Information Solutions Advisor I
Purpose of Job
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to
maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach
out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific
requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Partners with business leaders/champions and solution delivery teams to
identify key performance indicators, business requirements and measures to
support and deliver the Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy. Helps the
business identify critical success factors and drives to the critical business
questions that need to be answered in order to achieve the goals and
objectives. Serves as a key to the successful deployment and adoption of the
Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy with contributions such as helping to
define the business problem, the critical questions to be answered, and the
needed analytical capabilities / presentation of the relevant data that will
drive functional and technical designs and 1-3 year roadmaps for BI solutions.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce
and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Works with information strategy, program management, program owner, and
key Stakeholders to understand end state vision, and required components
that will enable the needed capabilities for desired end state across
people, process, technology and information needs.
* Partners with business, IT and cross functional teams to accomplish
program planning and development activities that will include BI design
principles for conceptual and physical -data modeling, universe design,
and semantic layer modeling; report and dashboard design, development,
testing and deployment.
* Provides full life-cycle support and development of BI solutions from the
development of the strategy execution plan through go-live support to
include cross training and knowledge transfer to other BI Team members
and business users.
* Contribute to the development and enhancements of standards and best
* Understands the intersection of strategic needs, current goals and
operational performance results to derive key performance indicators
(KPIs) that will enable new and actionable insights.
* Collaborates with business leaders, architectural leads and SMEs (, IT,
business architects, etc) to build and understand the proposed roadmaps.
* Focus will be on identifying impacts to business, information and
technical capabilities based on desired business needs.
* Partners with Business Sponsor, Stakeholders and SMEs and the Project
Team to derive and define business requirements and drive functional and
technical designs for Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions (Data
Warehouse, ETL, Metadata, Operational/Tactical/Strategic Reporting, and
* Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline required OR 4
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree ORa Master's degree in Business or
Science discipline OR a PhD in Business or Science discipline.
* If Bachelor's degree; 4 or more years experience in business analyti
or business intelligence.
* If Master's Degree; 2 or more years experience in business analytics
or business intelligence.
* If PhD; 1 or more years experience in business analytics or business
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions
you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.
* Financial Services experience
* BCBS 239 Knowledge and 6+ years of experience in data and analytics
* Ability to work up and down the organization from analysts and SME to
* Experience in information lifecycle management
* 3-5 years building and maintaining production reports for a large user
* Strong understanding of end-to-end data and analytic environment: data
movement, modeling and storage, info governance, and reporting best
* Strong understanding of current cloud platform, data, and analytic
technologies and tools
* Experience designing highly automated, scalable data and analytics
platforms designed for self-service and ease of maintenance
* Experience working with data in large, complex environments (50+ sources)
* Experience in data lineage and reverse engineering and the understanding
of legacy systems and reports
* Deep understanding of data and reporting process and quality controls and
controls automation and implementation best practices
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the
principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will
assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 7/08/20 by 11:59 pm
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.