Information Solutions Advisor Lead
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Information Solutions Advisor Lead for one
of the following locations: Remote, San Antonio Home Office I, Plano Legacy,
Tampa Campus or Phoenix Campus.
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to
maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach
out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific
requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Partners with business leaders/champions and solution delivery teams to
identify key performance indicators, business requirements and measures to
support and deliver the Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy. Helps the
business identify critical success factors and drives to the critical business
questions that need to be answered in order to achieve the goals and
objectives. Serves as a key to the successful deployment and adoption of the
Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy with contributions such as helping to
define the business problem, the critical questions to be answered, and the
needed analytical capabilities / presentation of the relevant data that will
drive functional and technical designs and 1-3 year roadmaps for BI solutions.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce
and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Works with business project and/or program owner, as well as other key
Stakeholders to lead the definition of the end state vision, identify the
required components that will enable the needed capabilities for the
desired end state and outline a plan with their development partners for
delivery of the journey.
* Partners with stakeholders to understand and define the intersection of
strategic needs, current goals and operational performance results to
derive KPIs that will enable new and actionable insights.
* This will assist in delivering artifacts that will allow for development
efforts to be scoped and funded.
* Collaborates with business and architectural executives and SMEs (, IT,
business architects, etc) to align and integrate suggested road maps
(business capability, information capability and technical capability)
for best practices and tools based on business needs.
* Focus will be on identifying impacts to business, information and
technical capabilities based on desired business need.
* Works with Business Sponsor, Stakeholders and SMEs and the Project Team
to derive and, define business requirements and influence functional and
technical designs for BI Solutions (Data Warehouse, ETL, Metadata,
Operational/Tactical/Strategic Reporting, and Dashboards).
* Leads discussions with business, IT and cross functional project teams to
accomplish development activities that will include BI design principles
for conceptual, physical and logical data modeling, universe design, and
semantic layer modeling; report and dashboard design, development,
testing and deployment.
* Provides full life-cycle support and development of BI solutions from
requirements to go-live support for cross CoSA projects and programs to
include cross training and knowledge transfer to other BI Team members
and business users.
* Contributes to the development and enhancements of standards and best
* Training, mentoring and oversight of other KPIs, projects and programs to
ensure compliance with standards, quality of deliverables and cross
pollination of best practices.
* Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline required OR 4
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree ORa Master s degree in Business or
Science discipline OR a PhD in Business or Science discipline.
* If Bachelor's degree; 8 OR more years of experience in business analytics
or business intelligence.
* If Master's Degree; 6 ORmore years of experience in business analytics or
* If PhD; 5 OR more years of experience in business analytics or business
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions
you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.
* Financial Services experience
* BCBS 239 knowledge
* Ability to work up and down the organization from analysts and SME to
* 8+ years of experience in data and analytics
* Experience in information lifecycle management
* 3-5 years building and maintaining production reports for a large user
* Strong understanding of end-to-end data and analytic environment: data
movement, modeling and storage, info governance, and reporting best
* Strong understanding of current cloud platform, data, and analytic
technologies and tools
* Experience designing highly automated, scalable data and analytics
platforms designed for self-service and ease of maintenance
* Experience working with data in large, complex environments (50+ sources)
* Experience in data lineage and reverse engineering and the understanding
of legacy systems and reports
* Deep understanding of data and reporting process and quality controls and
controls automation and implementation best practices
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the
principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will
assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 7/08/20 by 11:59 pm
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.