Information Technology Specialist (APPSW/INET)
Office of the Inspector General for Tax Administration
This position is located in the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), Office of Information Technology/CIO (OIT), IT Solution Services, Web Solutions.
As an Information Technology Specialist (APPSW/INET),you will: Analyze customer requirements, and develop specifications for new or modified applications; plan and coordinate the design, development, testing, installation, and support of new and modified applications.
Lead and participate in the application development projects to implement applications that meet TIGTA’s business requirements.
Develop software applications for TIGTA, using tools such as SQL, JAVA, HTML, XML, and other web technologies.
Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with the design and delivery of internet services, collecting and analyzing internet services usage and performance statistics.
Serve as a primary liaison with customer organizations, vendors, and/or IT management on all IT-related matters, particularly throughout the applications software development process.
Conditions of Employment
Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Specialized experience:For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Leading projects in the conception, design and development of integrated computer hardware and software information systems. AND
Providing advice and recommendations to resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems. AND
Leading the planning and delivery of customer support programs that provide the full range of IT services to end-users of IT hardware and software. In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must also show proficiency in 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks.
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Public Trust – Background Investigation will be required.
- You will be required to regularly report to the Duty Station listed above.
While teleworking is an option, approval is at management’s discretion based on duties, business needs, performance, etc.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position is conditioned upon review/check of the candidate’s tax compliance.
Further, all TIGTA employees are subject to an employee tax compliance program to ensure that employees fulfill their personal tax responsibilities.
- Complete aDeclaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form
I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.