Insurance Authorization - Ophthalm/Vision - Camas Location
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/20/2020
Job Code: REQ0003662
Our new Camas location is opening in a few short months! Seeking an experienced medical billing and authorization specialist with ophthalmology and vision experience.
The Insurance Authorization Specialist (Ophthalmology/Vision) is responsible for ensuring accurate processing of all vision appointment requests by providers, clinical staff, and patients in a timely and professional manner. The Insurance Authorization Specialist will represent TVC in a positive, courteous, and compassionate manner and aid in the delivery of high quality health care to all patients. Contributes to the success of the clinic by providing prompt, efficient, and friendly service via in person or over the phone.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for obtaining prior authorization from insurance companies as required
- Responsible for accurately entering vision authorization and benefit information into EHR and vision management software.
- Responsible for timely and accurate billing of vision exams.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of and serve as a centralized resource for vision benefit information and prior authorization requirements, keeping the clinic informed of changes.
- Responsible for checking-in vision hardware orders, inputting invoices into vision management software, and contacting patients when their hardware order is ready for pick-up.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills required
- Ability to problem-solve and provide excellent follow through.
- Must be flexible, able to efficiently multi-task, and prioritize work independently.
- Must possess a positive attitude, good organizational skills, and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of medical terminology required.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
- Understanding of medical office practices required.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience required in either a medical office setting or in the health insurance industry. Prefer those with experience in ophthalmology/vision office setting.
- Demonstrated experience in insurance requirements for referrals.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.