Interaction Designer (UI UX)
Job Title: Interaction Designer (UI & UX)
Work type: Remote, 20hr/week
HQ Location: 895 Don Mills Road, Two Morneau Shepell Centre, Suite 921.
Toronto, ON M3C 1W3
Seniority Level: Entry level (3+year Experience)
Employment Type: 6-month contract with opportunity to continue
Application Deadline: July 19, 2020
Overview of the Opportunity
An Interaction Designer at GlobalDWS is involved in shaping the future of work
with innovative technologies. At GlobalDWS we design and develop service robot
solutions to assist people to be productive and focus on skillful work in a
safe work environment.
We are looking for an exceptional interaction designer who thrives in designing
seamless experience for users to engage with our digital products and
Our interaction designers are producing great UI concepts, developing those
concepts into complete and well-documented frameworks, producing visuals, and
developing and delivering those concepts in high fidelity with highest-quality
fit and finish. In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you ll drive UX
design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and launch.
In collaboration with agile teams of business, technology and subject matter
experts we are bringing innovative solutions to enable smartly connected
society for people and community.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions
without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Email Resume/CV to: with subject line GDWS Interaction
Designer (UI & UX).
Interview will be conducted online due to COVID-19 outbreak. If necessary, in-
person interview will be arranged with safety measure.
* Collaborate with the creative design and technical teams to define and
implement end-to-end solutions for innovative products (service robot
applications)Interpret requirements and translate them into quality user-
centric outputs that balance the user goals, business needs, and
* Research user needs and behaviors, define user personas, collect user
feedback and translate it into better performing experiences
* Develop wireframes, low and high fidelity UI prototypes, and user flow
* Develop responsive UI across multiple platforms (Mobile, Tablet, Web,
* Help establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and
* Help ensure the UI&UX and design standards are kept consistent along the
whole product development process
* Identify and troubleshoot UX problems in service robot applications and
current company website
* Participate in stakeholder reviews, user testing sessions, and business
acceptance testing to ensure a seamless end to end service robot
* University degree or College diploma in Design (e.g. Information Design,
Interaction, visual communications, graphic, product) or a related field,
or equivalent practical experience
* 3+year work experience in corporate environment
* Proficient with design prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Illustrator)
* Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies in responsive design,
user-centered design, and information architecture
* Excellent communication & project management skills.A proactive team
player who takes ownership, present designs to senior management, defend
decisions, advocating for customer and building consensus.
* Design & innovative thinking. Comfortable to navigate ambiguous
situations in the journey of developing innovative solutions
* Agile Work Experience. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and face-paced
* Strong problem solving skills. Detail oriented, ability to perform under
pressure withpositive attitude and take feedback
plus (you don t require coding)
* Experience with Microsoft collaboration tools (PowerPoint & Teams) is a
GlobalDWS is an international systems integrator and solution provider of
service robots, artificial intelligence and innovative technologies. GlobalDWS
offers customized, fully integrated and scalable service robot solutions
designed to automate manual and repeatable tasks to enhance the user
experience, augment workforces, and increase organizations productivity an
Our wealth of knowledge comes from working with hundreds of customers around
the world and across various industries such as education, healthcare, and
financial services sector.
GlobalDWS is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on
age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with
applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to
creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are
contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing
process, please let us know.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.