Interconnect Project Developer
Interconnect Project Developer
Reference Code: 72157
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX
Job Category: Engineering; Project Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 07/28/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Manager of the Interconnect Program, the Interconnect Project Developer will lead the conceptual development of interconnect project opportunities, working closely with commercial and project delivery stakeholders to develop interconnect project scope, cost estimate and milestone schedules while applying sound judgement of risk.
The Interconnect Project Developer will draw upon their collaborative skill sets, natural gas metering and regulation, and project management experience to ensure project opportunities are analyzed, innovative solutions are explored, and reasonable expectations are set for potential projects.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Commercial Business Development, Business Optimization, System Planning, Engineering, and other key project execution stakeholders to develop interconnect project opportunities
- Leverage experience in metering and regulation design engineering and construction along with knowledge of typical industry regulatory practices to evaluate proposed projects and project alternatives
- Develop project feasibility studies, project risk analyses, conceptual, preliminary and detail design work;
- Ensure the completion of project specific flow studies and assumptions;
- Develop preliminary facility site layouts, Process flow diagrams, Site Schematics;
- Work with the estimating team to generate project cost estimates and ensure sound evaluation of risk and contingency
- Develop preliminary project milestone schedules for interconnect projects.
- Develop preliminary project spend forecast for full project lifecycle
- Develop project overview summaries for review by Project Delivery leadership teams
- Develop the deliverables required for the project specific stage gates
- Support project status reporting and monthly forecasting for projects in development
- Support document control for projects in development
- Participate in project risk assessments and lessons learned activities
- Maintain Safety as the foundation for all activities; exhibits commitment to the health and safety of our employees and our communities by adhering to the highest standards of safety as growth opportunities are explored and within and around our facilities and property
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Minimum 6 years of applicable gas industry experience;
- Knowledge of applicable natural gas industry construction practices;
- Possess and exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters creative and innovative thinking that leads to business value and customer satisfaction;
- Knowledge of engineering design standards and applicable natural gas industry codes and regulations- must stay current on technology, industry standards and material;
- Applicable gas industry regulatory experience (working knowledge of federal regulatory knowledge, state regulatory knowledge, and natural gas market knowledge);
- Requires the ability to read and understand technical documents;
- Takes ownership of responsibilities;
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all cultural and company boundaries;
- Analytical, communication, facilitation skills are preferred;
- *This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license;
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
- Engineering degree is strongly preferred;
- Natural gas pipeline industry experience is strongly preferred, with demonstrable experience in Project Engineering or Project Management;
- FERC and agency requirements;
- Preference given to candidates who have projects experience with Interconnects, Measurement, Regulation, Hot Tapping.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 07/28/2020 using reference code 72157. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.