Interior Design Lead
Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies for the second year in a row, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We're looking for an Interior Design Lead to manage Article's new Interior Design Service Team and bring Article's vision of being 'the easiest way to make your space look beautiful' to life. Key responsibilities include coaching and mentoring the Interior Design Specialists, ensuring high-quality designs are provided in an efficient and effective manner and providing interior designs to our clients.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Coaching and mentoring Interior Design Specialists to provide outstanding client service
- Work with your Manager to define, track, and report on key performance metrics
- Ensuring high-quality designs are provided in an efficient and effective manner
- Leading by example by working with clients end-to-end, closing with an order placed and a happy client
- Performing QA of calls, emails, chat recordings, and providing your team with regular feedback and coaching to reach a high standard of communication in every interaction
- Ensure processes and Best Practices are designed, documented, followed, and improved over time
- Engaging internal stakeholders to align on Interior Design Service goals and projects
- Leading with a continuous improvement attitude, empowering your team to contribute to the success of Interior Design Service
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or related discipline
- 3+ years' of relevant interior design experience
- 1+ years' of leadership experience
- Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces including consultations, space planning and new constructions
- Demonstrated experience in customer service settings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Proven problem solving attitude
- Experienced in using MS Office Suite and/or Google Suite
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and/or Revit is an asset
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Most HQ staff are currently working from home due to COVID-19, and we plan to return to our beautiful office as soon as it is safe for everyone to do so. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, and a variety of ice cream choices just up the street.
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Discounts on our products so you can style your home how you like it
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.