Intermediate Embedded Firmware Developer for DDR PHY IP
At Synopsys, we re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we
work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The
Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart
Everything. And we re powering it all with the world s most advanced
technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion
for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an
SoC faster. We offer the world s broadest portfolio of silicon
IP predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and
embedded processors. All to help customers integrate more capabilities. Meet
unique performance, power, and size requirements of their target applications.
And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced risk.
DDR PHY Firmware Engineer
The position of DDR PHY Firmware Engineer is a Mixed-Signal semiconductor
Intellectual Property (MSIP) Firmware Engineer whose mandate is to develop &
verify firmware and software.
Developing DDR PHY Firmware includes: evaluating performance and quality of
results of firmware training software, developing standard product features and
customer-specific enhancements, and works hands-on with post-silicon bring-up
and DDR interface training algorithm optimization.
The ideal candidate has a strong desire to learn and explore new technologies,
demonstrates good analysis techniques, and possesses superior problem-solving
skills. This position will have direct engagement with some customers, as such
excellent external communication skills are essential.
* Develop new firmware applications and features
* Interact with PHY architecture and hardware teams during firmware
development and debug
* Support and enhance exiting firmware application and features
* Develop and maintain infrastructure for firmware application development
* Enhance documentation content to improve customer experience
* Diagnose customer firmware-related failures
* Participate in the firmware integration, debug and silicon hardware bring
* Strong interest in both software development and digital logic design.
* BSCE/BSCS/BSEE degree in Engineering or Applied Science (or equivalent)
and 5+ years working experience in a related field OR Master s degree
in EE/CS and 3+ years related experience.
* Strong working knowledge of both digital logic and firmware/software
development PLUS previous in-depth specialization in either.
* Working knowledge of C and Assembly
* Working knowledge of cross-development tool flows
* Working experience with of digital logic design, simulation, and debug
* Understanding of DDR memory standards is an asset
* Scripting experience with Perl, Python, Bash, or Csh is an asset.
* Strong advocate for structured firmware development, verification and
* Demonstrated ability to resolves issues in creative ways and exercise
independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain
* Experience designing and promoting solutions to complex digital design
and software development challenges.
* Demonstrated experience executing individual projects from start to
* Demonstrated experience contributing complex portions to larger team
* Successful experience working effectively with geographically-diverse
internal team members and customers on complex technical issues.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or
Synopsys Canada ULC values the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to
provide access & opportunity to individuals with disabilities and will provide
reasonable accommodation to individuals throughout the recruitment and
employment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact hr-
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.