Inventory Management Operations Area Manager – ReLAy Facility Ontario, CA
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• 3 plus years of experience managing employees or 3PL’s required.
• Working knowledge of automated distribution systems, departmental budgets, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• PC skills required, experience with Excel, Word, SAP, WMS would be a plus.
• Project management skills preferred.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines required.
• Must possess demonstrated ability to work as a team member, handle confidential matters in a professional manner, and lead and influence others to accomplish operational objectives.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal skills, ability to embrace and promote others' ideas, motivate employees, build and maintain working relationships and stay focused.
• Must understand and foster a diverse workforce.
• Able to work overtime with little or no notice before or after scheduled shift.
• Must have ability to access all areas of the warehouse and be able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Cycle Count Program in accordance with financial policy (50%):
• Administer the cycle count plan to ensure compliance with required count frequency and accuracy
• Monitor and report policy metrics internally and externally
• Directing and partnering with 3PL on inventory operations (25%)
• Monitor and oversee the correction of inventory discrepancies via cycle count & inventory adjustments which interface to the company’s financial records (10%)
• Support IC and cross-functional team assessments of unit adjustments and root cause (10%)
• Special projects as assigned (5%)
As an Inventory Management Operations Area Manager you will drive the execution of Nike’s inventory validation program within our North American Distribution Centers. This position works closely with internal and external partners to achieve operational excellence in inventory KPIs (accuracy, adjustments, balance) while also owning exception resolution for inventory related issues. In addition, the Inventory Area Manager leads continuous improvement efforts through root cause analysis of performance opportunities and driving awareness and understanding of inventory processes and policies in the Distribution Center.
The Inventory Management Area Manager works in a variety of roles including:
• Managing the 3PL who performs physical inventory cycle counts and recounts, with the primary goal of ensuring accurate inventory levels are maintained to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Driving root cause analysis and solutions implementation for inventory related issues.
• Working directly with your manager and peers to drive consistent inventory results across the organization.
• Assists Inventory Accounting and external auditors to ensure efficient processes and controls are operating effectively.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.