IPB - Head of Client Origination & Strategic Initiatives
This is a senior management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to the Client Acquisition Team, a critical franchise driver of the business, with the key focus on managing it end-to-end, from acquisition to on-boarding. Apart from overseeing the existing channels including establishing wider connectivity and collaboration with Citi franchises globally, the responsibilities also include supporting the business head to drive high impact strategic initiatives to transform the business and developing a strategic framework and execution plan to capture IPB's growing Offshore Wealth Management opportunities.
- Manage the client Acquisition team for high performance and growth
- Formulate business strategies and policies for client growth; and ensure flawless and superior execution of all plans.
- Develop, implement & assess new business programs to achieve business growth goals.
- Identify appropriate channels for NTB originations to support the growth aspirations of the business.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the leadership team and addresses high impact strategic initiatives across the business. Work in close partnership with the business head and senior leadership team.
- Lead the strategic planning process based on fact based analysis.
- Drive business strategy initiatives around growth, investments, capital and expense optimization.
- Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance to the business.
- Develop recommendations to advise senior management on high-priority initiatives, including growth strategy, product and segment strategies, and cross business initiatives.
- Support performance measurement and management ranging from strategic franchise development scorecards to project/function-specific metrics.
- Actively recruit and develop team members, including placement out of the function into other roles.
- Support the transformational strategies to grow and re-position businesses.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with executives across the business.
- Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years' experience in people management and ability to build teams.
- In-depth understanding of the wealth business and financial drivers.
- Ability to lead and direct a team of knowledge professionals. Problem structuring and analytic capabilities; ability to take a complex problem and organize it in discrete pieces for solution. Ability to size and prioritize large-scale initiatives across businesses. Ability to work effectively with senior and middle level managers and with large interdisciplinary teams.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Problem structuring & causal thinking, sound business judgment, and demonstrated result orientation. Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities; history of academic and professional excellence and achievement. Creativity thinking; thinks outside the box and challenges conventional wisdom.
- Collaborative work style; effectively interacts with partners across organizational boundaries/hierarchies.
- Displays a leadership presence; commands respect and will earn trust of senior leaders. Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities.
- Business builder capable of creating vision and motivating a geographically dispersed team. Proven track record of successfully managing a complex business with Profit and Loss (P&L) management experience. Good understanding of the different banking products.
- Experience in managing a sales team is an added advantage
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Master's degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.