IT - Service and Environment Manager
Wood is hiring for an IT Service and Environment Manager with extensive experience serving large corporate communities.
The Environment Manager role is to maintain an understanding of the implemented Infrastructure and configuration of an environment or service.
To maintain the strategy and roadmaps for related technologies. To review and adjust both strategy and roadmaps annually.
They will provide quality assurance, management reporting on trends, changes and growth in their area.
Effectively manage change into the business and review for continual improvement or optimisation of the service.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Creation and maintenance of Architecture roadmaps for all aspects of related environment.
- Locate ways to reduce costs in IT through strategic planning.
- Ensure quality reviews on service provided and supported by IBM
- Ensure regular interlocks with support teams for two way feedback and service improvements
- Appropriate monitoring and response implemented
- Continual improvement process, covering service improvement and technical optimisation of environment
- Primary Interface for support teams (IBM)
- Technical administration, where applicable, for the service or environment and change control approval
- Assist in defining or developing with the Infrastructure architects standards
- Develop, approve and evaluate IT Proof of Concepts
- Technical Specialist in Focus area
- Ensuring all support teams have the documentations and permissions
- Approve related change controls
Skills / Qualifications
University degree or technical diploma in the field of computer science or another technical field - Essential
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 7 years experience managing and/or directing technological operations.
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in technology.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues.
- A strong and positive customer service attitude
- The ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions, both written and oral, to a wide range of audiences
- The ability to solve problems with many variables and unique situations
- Passionate about delivering a first-class service and the drive to resolve incidents quickly and to the customer's satisfaction
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. <web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.