IT Support Associate I (User Support Specialist)
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Department of Information Technology is seeking to hire a User Support Specialist reporting to the Manager of the IT Field Support Services team. The User Support Specialist works as part of a versatile team that provides first-rate, front-line computer and emergency audiovisual support for a community of ~3,000 faculty, staff, and students in multiple locations in Boston and Cambridge.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues; customers will include VIP and high profile individuals
- Research questions using available information resources; identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide hardware and software support for Windows and Apple OS systems on laptops and desktops including computer imaging, virus scanning, Microsoft Office products, web browsers, and common troubleshooting tools
- Liaise with the Server Team and other IT departments to provide endpoint support for anti-virus, encryption, and software patch management
- Provide oversight of ticketing system queue and dispatch work as needed
- Support and implement department's Windows image and assist with the Mac image
- Actively participate and provide insight in projects; including migrating to new versions of Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and other applications
- Provide support of classroom and conference room technology
- Provide daily updates on work streams; understand ongoing project work needs and balance daily ticket responsibilities
- Effectively communicate, actively listen, and work as a team
- Prioritize work and shift from one work stream to another as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: On occasion, flexible work hours and/or overtime are required to cover events and special projects.
PLEASE NOTE: Until our return to campus and full operational status, which is still to-be-determined, this interview process and position will take place in a modified manner - including virtual interviews, remote onboarding, and a combination of remote and on-site (on campus in Boston) work. During this time, the shifts are also likely to be irregular (potentially including weekends and off-hours) and may therefore require schedule flexibility.
- 3+ years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technological environment required; a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience with PC, Mac, mobile platforms, and other common business productivity tools required
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with printing and Pharos systems (or similar)
- Basic understanding of networking (DHCP, IP addressing, sunnetting, etc.)
- Advanced troubleshooting of complex issues that result in resolution of incidents
- Mac and A+ certifications
- Project management, security essentials, and experience working in a higher education and/or research setting
- PC (Windows 7, 8, 10) and Mac skills with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and Office 365
- Microsoft AD experience
- Experience with a ticketing system (i.e. - ServiceNow or related) and phone call center software
- Knowledge of desktop, laptop, and mobile/tablet (Android, iPhone, iPad) technology including connecting to classroom/conference room systems
- Experience with imaging technology, virus scanning technology, print management, Endpoint encryption technology, desktop backup utilities, remote support technology
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference checks and background screenings.
- This position has a 90 day orientation and review period.
- The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health does not provide visa sponsorship for administrative and staff positions.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
USA - MA - Boston
403060 IT Support Associate I
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.