Jr Solutions Programmer Analyst
UCS Forest Group
Who We Are: UCS Forest Group is North America's premier distributor and importer of specialty wood products and decorative surfaces for the architectural woodworking, commercial and residential furniture, and cabinet-making industries. We offer a comprehensive selection of hardwood lumber and softwood lumber, as well as a full line of decorative panels. The quality of our products and service experience is unparalleled. From Toronto to Vancouver and Chicago to Seattle, we are Delivering the Difference.
About the Role: The Jr Solutions Programmer Analyst's role is to assist with the implementation, maintenance and support of in-house information systems and system integrations as defined by the Solutions Architect. They may also work directly with business stakeholders to identify requirements and develop solutions across all aspects of the organization.
- Analyze, design and implement new functionality and/or updates to existing features across a range of in-house information systems and system integrations
- Code changes, source control, testing, change control and deployment activities
- Investigate, troubleshoot and respond to code-related issues escalated from the IT Service Desk
- Participate in user-facing requirements capture workshops and meetings to gather information and understand business-stakeholder needs/requirements, as required
- Participate in project teams and deliver against project schedules
- Compose and publish IT knowledge base articles and other technical documentation
- Provide out-of-hours support, if required
- Uphold the company's mission, vision, and values
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- 1-3 years' hands-on programming experience in an academic and/or professional setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational database technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL would be an asset
- Basic knowledge of Power BI, SSIS and other Business Intelligence technologies would be an asset
- Experience in a customer-facing support role would be an asset
Education & Certification:
- Recognized college diploma or university degree in Computer Science or a related field
Why work at Upper Canada Forest Products?
- We are a dynamic company and provide fast growing careers for great people.
- We have multiple locations, hire from within, and have the option for mobility.
- Work life balance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Comprehensive company paid benefits
- RSP with company match
- Opportunity for growth
- Promote within philosophy
- Employee referral incentive pay
- Tuition assistance
- Paid volunteer days
- And so much more!
UCS Forest Products is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Upper Canada Forest Products Ltd will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.