Laborer - Soldier Field
POSITION: Laborer -- Full-Time / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for a Laborer at Soldier Field. The Laborer position is responsible for any and all operations related functions required to maintain the Soldier Field Complex. This is a manual labor position with a primary focus on maintenance, custodial, and machinery operation. The work pace is moderate to very busy, especially during the spring through the end of the NFL season. A laborer at Soldier Field generally works days, evening, and weekend shifts as required. Shifts vary between 8 and 15 hours depending upon the nature and timing of special events. Typical shifts would be 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. during the week. Employees may be asked to work over-time and week-end or holiday shifts.
Include the following - other duties may be assigned.
- Heavy lifting of 50lbs or more including snow removal, lifting boxes, tables & chairs, bike rack and fencing, garbage and moving garbage cans among other items.
- General building maintenance and custodial cleaning including cleaning the interior and exterior spaces post-event, picking up garbage left throughout the stadium, facility grounds and in the seating bowl.
- Operating machinery such as fork-lifts, snow removal equipment, golf carts, trucks and high-lifts to pick up garbage, bike rack, fencing, port-o-lets, tents and various other event set-up & operational needs.
- Operate cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, floor buffers, vacuums, power washers & other water hoses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Be able to lift 50lbs or more continually for long periods of time
- Be able to stand for long periods of time often in inclement weather
- Be able to move quickly in a fast-paced environment and adapt to situations as they arise
- Be able to communicate effectively over the radio
- Must have a driver's license and be able to drive and operate vehicles and machinery
- Must be able to accurately follow directions with multiple steps and have the ability to multi-task to complete jobs in a timely mannerWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Recruiter: Liz Saah
1410 S. Museum Campus Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.