Lead Analyst - Research Products
Sustainalytics - MyHire
Do you believe that with the right insights, investors can contribute to a more just and sustainable global economy? Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 700 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Under COVID-19 circumstances, all Sustainalytics employees are now working from home. More than ever, ESG factors are critical to building a more ethical and sustainable global economy. Our teams need passionate colleagues to join us in delivering quality research products to our clients worldwide.
Our recruitment and selection process is continuing via phone or video meetings. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
We rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration into our virtual offices.Position Purpose
Sustainalytics is seeking a qualified ESG analyst to join its Enhanced Rating Team focusing on Financials industry, mainly Insurance, Real Estate and Diversified Financials. This new position presents an exciting opportunity to conduct ESG analysis at company level that will form a part of our flagship ESG Risk Rating. Asset owners, investment managers and other investment professionals leverage the ESG Risk Rating and its underlying research to enhance investment processes.
Reporting to Associate Director – Insurance, Real Estate and Asset Management, who is also the Senior Analyst in the team, the role includes but not limited to the analysis of the risks that are affecting financial companies’ business value and originating from ESG factors & companies’ involvement in ESG-related controversies. You will also contribute to client meetings and thought leadership. You will join a growing and strategically important team and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of sector analysts. You will engage in training and development programs, which will support your career development to become a top ESG analyst. The ideal candidate will have both a background in capital markets expertise and financial industry knowledge.
- Research, analyze and rate the ESG risks and involvement in controversies of companies in the global Insurance, Real Estate and Diversified Financials sectors.
- Prepare company ESG Risk Rating reports to be published in Sustainalytics’ Global Access portal;
- Research and track ESG trends and issues relevant to your sector of expertise.
- Contribute to responses to client queries, and support clients in integrating your research insights into their investment decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital and internal and external thought leadership.
- Bachelor’s/Masters’ degree (preferably business, finance, engineering, environment, and/or social sciences)
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Financial Industry, ESG aspects thereof, and the SRI/RI market;
- Excellent research, analytical and writing capabilities; numerical proficiency and Excel skills;
- Strong Presentation skills (both in spoken and written formats);
- CFA designation or enrollment in CFA program is considered an asset;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values;
- Resourceful, flexible and embraces change and innovation; ability to thrive under pressure
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.