Lead Application Architect (Splunk) (remote virtual home office eligible)
The Lead Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Lead Application Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead Application Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications.
Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
This position will focus on engineering, architecting, maintaining, and monitoring a large Splunk deployment in a distributed and clustered environment.
- Define current architecture and set up architectural roadmap
- Design new Splunk deployments based on customer requirements; aid customers in refining existing Splunk deployments while applying Splunk best practices
- Identify issues and architectural gaps including technical debts and address promptly
- Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards.
- Design, architect and implement Splunk solutions.
- Manages Splunk knowledge objects (Apps, Dashboards, Saved Searches, Scheduled Searches, Alerts)
- Develops custom Splunk apps to meet customer needs in a variety of domains: IT security, ITOPs etc.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
• 4+ years of Splunk experience along with certified
• Splunk certified (Splunk Arch cert preferred)
• Experience in building Splunk Technology Add-ons and configuring field extractions for various data sources
• Experience deploying/managing Splunk indexer clusters and search head clusters
• Deployment experience with Splunk Enterprise Security and/or Splunk IT Service Intelligence premium solutions
• Strong understanding of the underlying Splunk infrastructure and components (e.g. lookups, modular inputs, standard inputs, relationships between varying configuration files, etc.)
• Ability to work collaboratively with a globally distributed team
• Ensure SLAs and OLAs are established and design meets business defined SLA and team defined OLAs
• Strong sense of self-motivation; ability to identify problems and develop solutions
• Knowledge of Cribl is preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Mission: At Humana, our cultural foundation is aligned to helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms –when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that’s why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact ***************@humana.com for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact ***************@humana.com to validate the request.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.