Lead Full Stack Engineer
Company 1 - The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Are you a go-getter who has a passion about building and exposing services through Open APIs? Are you a big fan of simplification and automation?
Manulife is seeking an awesome Lead Full Stack Engineer, to join our rapidly expanding Data Engineering team and assist us as we work to be a digital leader in our industries!
As a Lead Full Stack Engineer:
- You will be part of an advance team that paves the path for others through MVPs and POTs
- You will lead the design, development and deployment of 0-downtime, 0-data loss, 4 9s uptime Applications and APIs
- You will lead solutioning for business problems and layout the architecture that meets both business needs and comply with NFRs
Skills and Experience
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Expert in at least one server-side stacks such as Node, .Net Core.
- Expert in designing the APIs from use cases to swaggers to mocks to implementation to securing and making them high performant.
- Expert in designing test cases, automate them e2e and stitch it in CICD pipeline
- Expert in automating deployment pipelines, Containers, DevOps and CICD
- Expert in building and operationalizing services in cloud using one of the public clouds, preferably MS Azure.
- Expert in at least one front-end framework such as Angular, React or Vue
- Experience in Azure Serverless function or AWS Lambda
- Experience in container technologies including dockers, K8s
- Experience in database technologies such as MS SQL, Postgres, Mysql and Cosmos/Mongo.
- Experience with Agile scrum methodologies and experience of working in an Agile team
- Familiarity with R and python for Data Wrangling.
- Familiarity with BigData technologies like Apache Hadoop ecosystem is a plus
- Familiarity with orchestration technologies like teraform and kubeflow is a plus.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of front end languages such as HTML5, ES6, CSS is a plus.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytics, problem solving and solutioning skills
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Exposure to and basic understanding of collaboration tools like Slack, Teams, and JIRA.
What about perks? Manulife offers a variety of perks including:
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Monthly Innovation Days (Hackathons)
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements.
This is a full time permanent role located in Toronto, Ontario. Candidates from the Kitchener/Waterloo area can also be considered.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.