Lead IT Project Manager
Directs, plans and leads one or more complex system implementation and/or
development projects. Leads overall project management for departmental and/or
enterprise-wide system implementation projects. Articulates and communicates
the vision and purpose of major projects and engages both technical and
business participants and sponsors, up to the highest level including the CEO.
Tracks project progress, allocates staff and budget resources, and maintains
working relationships with Executives, IT Management, and functional client
groups outside of IT. Manages multiple projects, project teams, and supervises
project teams simultaneously. Participates in the long-term strategic planning
of the development and implementation of system planning. Works under general
* Leads and directs the overall project management for development and/or
integration systems projects. These systems may be internally developed
or third- party software products that require integration within the
* Articulates the vision and objectives of strategic projects. Develops and
communicates a clear understanding of current and future state of
project, and project phases to all levels of management including the CEO
via presentations, discussions, and written communications.
* Leads the coordination of activities to integrate workflows, design,
interfaces, development and all other system-based project management
* Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques
to ensure successful development and implementation of projects.
* Allocates staff and budget resources as needed to achieve project
objectives. Tracks activities and billable time of vendors, tracks
project progress with respect to time and budget, and summarizes project
results. Receives status reports and project plan updates from
participants and manages their compilation into the project plan.
* Understands system interdependencies and ensures that changes are made
across systems when necessary. Understands and ensures that refinement or
changes of business model and business priorities are reflected in
project plan and communicated to all affected parties.
* Leads, manages and coordinates technical staff across different project
teams and manages accountability of all parties to meet committed
milestones and deliverables.
* Collaborates with business and clinical participants; understands their
objectives and constraints, communicates with both business and technical
participants, and forms a coordinated team aligned for successful
execution of the project.
* Ensures that operational and technical decisions are finalized in time to
meet committed project time frames.
* Provides overall status reports to Project Steering Committee, advises
them of any slippage, identifies risks, and potential resolutions,
identifies issues needing resolution, and adjusts project planning
assumptions as needed.
* Keeps informed of advances in the IT field by attending courses,
conferences and seminars.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively, both written and orally, so
that it is clearly understandable by both technical and business
* Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures effective
staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the
development of the department budget, and hire, promotes, and terminates
staff and recommends salary actions as appropriate.
* Participates in other projects and job duties as assigned.
Education:Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or t
equivalent combination of education and work experience, required.
Experience: Minimum eight years of system project management and systems
integration experience required. Prior supervisory experience required. Solid
project/vendor management skills required with the ability to manage projects
from conception to successful implementation. Proven track record in managing
large scale IT projects that impact core business operations required. Ability
to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
required. Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building
skills, business judgment and proven expertise in directing the efforts of
technical staff which may or may not report directly to position required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Project required. Health care industry experience
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.