Lead Mainframe Developer
Infosys is seeking Lead Mainframe Developers for Phoenix AZ
This position s primary responsibility will be to provide technical experti
and coordinate for day to day deliverables for the team. The chosen candidate
will assist in the technical design of large business systems; builds
applications, interfaces between applications, understands data security,
retention, and recovery. The role holder should be able to research on
technologies independently to recommend appropriate solutions & should
contribute to technology-specific best practices & standards; contribute to
success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-
effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability and scalability;
contributes expertise on significant application components, program languages,
databases, operating systems, etc., and guides/mentors the team during the
build and test phases.
* Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited
institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in
the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
* At least 4 years of experience with Information Technologies.
* Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Phoenix, AZ or be
willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel to
* Experience in software development life cycle.
* At least 5-7 years of experience in software development in design,
analysis and coding: COBOL (CICS), JCL, CICS, CA7 etc.
* Deliver high quality code deliverables and supports peers in quality
checks such that design requirements are met.
* Lead validation activities for the assigned sub-modules for all types of
testing and ability to perform root-cause analysis of any issues that
arise post-implementation and work on solutions related to issue fixing
* Interface with internal team spread globally to undertake onsite-specific
activities of the project and enable offshore with required inputs for
* Lead development and oversee programming and testing functions to ensure
that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
* Experience working in Card Transaction Processing systems (technical
experience in Card authorization, Clearing & Settlement domain is
* Resolve application defects and implement system enhancements.
* Assess impact of change requests and provide work estimates
* Reviews quality metrics and provides quality guidance
* Responsible for stabilization, support and continuous improvement using
Global delivery model
* Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
COBOL (CICS), CA7, DB2 and/ or SQL, Other Mainframe Technologies & Tools
* Knowledge in open source technology like Java, Python or Hadoop is a Plus
* Working knowledge of XMLXSLT and any scripting language
* Experience and desire to work in agile as well as waterfall delivery
* Knowledge of Publishing domain and content lifecycle
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods
of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting.
We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of
global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital
journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps
prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile
digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer
delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement
through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our
To learn more about Infosys and see our ideas in action please visit us at
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/
Auto req ID
State / Region / Province
Technology Lead - US
External Job Title
Lead Mainframe Developer
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.