Lead Security Officer- Atrium Health CMC-FT
Job Req ID: 526541
Position Number: 00016693
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 12 hour rotations, day shift
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Security
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: CMC
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.Job Summary
Supervises the staff and is involved in all aspects of the daily security operation. Oversees the activities of the line officers assigned to the shift to preserve peace and order. Prevents and detects crimes, to protect persons and property and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the staff, patients, visitors, and property of Atrium Health. First responder to any imminent threat to life or safety.
- Ensures the orders and instructions of the Lieutenant or Captain are carried out.
- Verifies payroll time sheets for their assigned teams.
- Makes a daily schedule for zone assignments.
- Conducts briefing for the shifts.
- Assists in Security coverage of shifts or special events.
- Supervises Security Officers. Prepares team member evaluations (90 days, 6 months, and annual reviews).
- Responds and assists with calls for service with line officers as needed.
- Successfully complete all mandated in-service training related to NC Private Protective
- Services Board to maintain armed security licensure.
- Reports to Security Management on events or calls for service that warrant special or significant response.
- Demonstrates capability of communicating and demonstrating all skills required for the position as assessed through periodic skills assessments. Maintains all training and competency as required to maintain NC Private Protective Services Armed Security certification.
May have to run, or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School Diploma/GED required. Must possess a valid NC or SC driver's license. Previous security/military, law enforcement experience or 2 years� minimum in related field required. Must have completed training equivalent to that of an Armed Security Officer, or have a minimum of 2 years Supervisory/Management experience in a related field required. IAHSS Security Officers Basic and Advanced Certifications must be obtained within 90 days of hire. IAHSS Supervisory Certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire. Ability to obtain and maintain an Armed Guard license as required by the NC Private Protective Services Board. Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly, in both oral and written form. Must complete or have completed training from Atrium Health that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton, TASER, and firearms. Must successfully complete Atrium Health minimum standards for armed security officers including acceptable firearms proficiency, background investigation, physical ability and psychological testing within 90 days of hire.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.