Lead Software Test Engineer
Job Description - Lead Software Test Engineer (200003JD)
As a Lead Software Test Engineer, you will contribute to quality assurance of software systems and/or applications.
Responsibilities of the incumbents are to provide manual and/or automation testing of features and capabilities of platform and/or applications. Be responsible for overseeing and mentoring junior developers and handle code reviews.
ompetent to perform all testing, project management, and quality assurance assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Acts as team leader for testing activities including leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Competent to perform all testing activities of new and existing software products.
- Use your understanding of systems, regression, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives testing needs focused around delivering business valuable features
- Guide the team to develop test strategies in an agile work environment
- Analyze business requirement to develop and execute manual and automation test cases
- Document software issues and defects in bug tracking software and monitor for the resolution.
- Coordinate with product owner to resolve open issues/enhancements/upgrades and understand the use of a specific functionality as needed
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
10 years or more of software testing experience (manual or automation) or at least 7 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
Demonstrated experience developing test strategies and leading software test projects
7 years or more of test automation framework design and development experience
7 years or more of prior either functional or object- oriented coding experience in modern programming languages like C++, Java or Python (preferably Java)
Strong development skills in two or more of the following technologies and tools: Java/Junit, Python, Cucumber, JBehave or other BDD testing frameworks
Top candidates will also have:
Plan, design, develop, and maintain API test automation framework that facilitates automation scripting, execution, and analysis of results
Develop of test automation code for Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), of systems, infrastructure, and test framework.
End-to-end system integration testing experience for software platforms
Proven experience developing test scripts, test cases, and test data
Strong experience in testing Webservices (REST APIs)
The ability to write queries in SQL or other relational databases
Experience testing full stack and integration testing with 3rd parties
Experience in TDD, continuous integration, code review practice is strongly desired
Experience with Apigee or other API gateways is a plus
Experience with DevOps concepts and tools (e.g., CI/CD, Jenkins, Git)
At least 2 years working on an Agile team with a solid understanding of Agile/Lean practices.
Understanding of a micro service Architecture
Experience load and performance testing
Strong documentation skills
Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
Pro-active, flexible and creative
Very strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with developers and business users.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Jul 27, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
- United States-Illinois-Chicago
- Information Technology
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.