Lead Tier 3 Virtualization Engineer
iland Internet Solutions Corporation
iland is looking for a highly experienced and successful Tier 3 Virtualization Engineer who will also serve in a team lead capacity with a proven track record of leading a team of customer-facing, service-focused Technical Support Engineers while providing exceptional customer service and advanced expertise within the VMware, Veeam, and Zerto technology spaces. This is a high-energy role that will be responsible for coordinating and managing initial team escalations as well following up and prioritizing the team workload in conjunction with the Service Desk Manager.
In addition, this role will be the Tier 3 technical escalation point for the Technical Support Representatives and therefore requires advanced technical skills in the areas of virtualization using advanced VMware technologies within the IaaS, BaaS, and DRaaS services that iland provides to its external customers. This is a full-time position based in Sydney, Australia.
- Provide advanced technical expertise and solutions as a Tier 3 Engineer for Vmware, Veeam, and Zerto technologies using ITIL based incident management methodologies and frameworks as well as leveraging other expertise as necessary to drive to resolution
- Act as the initial escalation point for all requests and incidents including technical escalations with the Australian coverage area and globally (as required). Foster and promote an environment of extreme ownership for all service requests and incidents to ensure customer needs are met and resolutions are within SLA guidelines. Advise upper management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation
- Coordinate with the Service Desk Manager to manage ticket queues effectively to prevent aging or breaches of SLA and drive incidents to resolution. Use extreme follow-up skills and methodologies to ensure that incidents are worked in accordance with established processes, policies, and SLAs
- Provide leadership and mentor Technical Support Representatives (Tier 1 and Tier 2) to enhance their skillsets and expertise in conjunction with the Service Desk Manager
- Participate in the global technology team by openly and actively collaborating across teams and regions. Show willingness to provide and accept critical feedback in the quest for continuous improvement
- Assist/coordinate with internal IT operations for Sydney office as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a global technical support group, 4+ years in a management or leadership role
- Advanced hands-on expertise with VMware vSphere environments (vCenter, vCloud Director, VMware Configuration Manager) as well as Veeam and Zerto.
- Formal service management qualifications, i.e. ITIL, virtualization, and networking certifications
- Proven track record of working collaboratively to improve the customer's experience across multiple departments and cross functional teams
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with customers, partners, peers, developers, and management across the business at all levels.
- Ability to navigate and translate complex issues in an understandable, organized method which facilitates effective communication.
- Positive team player attitude who does not have "that's not my job" in their vocabulary.
- Solid understanding and use of various ticketing systems such as Connect Wise and Jira Service Desk as well as Confluence and Jira Project Software.
- Experience in leading a 24/7 service desk within a global organization with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Disciplined, organized, self-motivated, and focused on delivery of results; champions the benefits of controlled processes and standards
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines by using excellent communication skills, displaying high energy and positive attitude with an aptitude for professional growth
- The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in the BaaS, DRaaS, and IaaS cloud service technologies.
- Network/firewall administration experience
- Significant technology experience, preferably within Cloud Service Provider organization
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Paid Holiday
iland has been in business for over 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, UK and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Disaster Recovery as a Service Leader: 2016-2019
- Zerto Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- Veeam Service Provider of the Year: 2016-2018
- The Forrester Wave Top DR-as-a-Service Providers: Q1 2014
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin' Cloud 100: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013
- Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider (Cisco Powered)
- VMware Global Service Provider Partner (VSPP) of the Year: 2010-2012
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.