Library Officer - Library & Information Services
Institute of Technical Education
The Institute of Technical Education is a globally-recognised world-class institution for excellence in technical education. Here, you make an extraordinary difference because ours is a unique Hands-on, Minds-on, Hearts-on College Education. Our awards include the prestigious Singapore Quality Award with Special Commendation and the inaugural Harvard-IBM Innovations Award in Transforming Government, affirmations of transformational leadership and passionate staff who bring us closer to becoming a Global Leader for Innovations in Technical Education.
As a Senior Officer in ITE, your challenge is to formulate, review and implement policies and schemes in specific functional areas.
You will be part of ITE Library Team at College East and responsible for performing various library functions to support staff and students in the discovery, engagement and use of the Library’s resources through innovative digital outreach to enhance user experience. As part of a lean team, you are a collaborative team-player who will also play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Library.
Your responsibilities include the following:
• Liaise and collaborate with our staff and student users to identify and respond to their teaching and learning needs, through provision of our Library services and digital library resources.
• Identify and evaluate emerging trends and developments relevant to academic libraries and vocational education, and recommend best practices for a digital-first library.
• Produce user education and engagement content for digital and print publicity channels.
• Collate, analyse and write library reports, including reports relating to library performance, statistics, survey and feedbacks;
• Support Library Digitalisation initiatives and projects such as using RPA tools to automate processes and using data analytic applications such as Power BI to discover user needs and enhance our digital services.
• Experience creating and curating digital content and using digital marketing and social media channels to engage our users and promote our library services.
• Good knowledge in emerging digital trends and technologies and its applications in the library; experience in mobile app development and software applications would be an advantage.
• Excellent writing, oral communication and presentation skills; and experience in conducting workshops and training, in particular information literacy classes is preferred.
• Ability to adapt and contribute to a diverse team of staff and adopt a user-centred approach in the provision of library services.
• Background in professional Library or Information Science with relevant working experience in academic library is a bonus.
• Fresh graduate with relevant skills would also be considered.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.