Low Latency Network Engineer
Network Operations Engineer - high frequency trading
Quant Capital is urgently looking Network Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is one of the world's top Prop Trading Houses. They trade across a wide range of asset classes globally. They cover the global markets by leveraging and integrating technology, risk management and quantitative research. Being a proprietary trading business my client t trades its own accounts and has no investors, clients or customers.
As a Network Engineer you will have expertise in infrastructure engineering and support. You will join a small but world class team in London and help to monitor and maintain my clients mission critical networks.
This role suits a senior level Network Engineer who ideally has 3 years+ experience in a Network Operations capacity at a small / medium sized business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a world class trading organization. You will learn a huge amount about intricate trading networks and systems and gain massive exposure to quantitative trading networks.
As a Network Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring network performance and troubleshooting issues
- You will be responsible for conducting complex engineering activities to maximize performance.
- You will be trained in microwave network planning including frequency analysis and interference analysis.
- Supporting and configuring proprietary black boxes
- Daily health checks and monitoring using proprietary and industry common monitoring tools.
- Support project implementation.
- Determining power config and forecasting channel; capacity requirements.
- BSc in a computer or network based subject
- Sub 7 years of commercial experience in a Networks capacity
- Experience with a number of Newtork technolgies form Cisco to Juniper as well as a keen interest in the teachnolgoeis as you will be workign with proprietary black boxes.
- Linux administration skills a must
- Self-driven and can work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to engineer projects and produce required documents.
- Happy to be on call and work extra hours if need be
- BONUS - Radio or microwave experience
- BONUS: configuration management experience (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in London
Follow me on Twitter!
Network Engineer - Radio frequency Linux Unix Windows Microsoft Python Perl CCNA CCNP Network administrator
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.