LPN After Hours Tues, Wed, Thurs 5pm-8:30am (REMOTE)
HOSPICE SAVANNAH INC
Hospice Savannah Inc. - SAVANNAH, GA
2 Year Degree
$40,000.00 - $40,000.00 Salary/year
WORK FROM HOME UNTIL DISPATCHED!!!
SUMMARY: The After-Hours (AH) LPN uses experience, knowledge, judgment and skills to provide nursing care to patients and families in hospitals, assisted living and long-term care facilities and private homes. The AH LPN is committed to the philosophy, goals and objectives of hospice. The AH LPN works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse while consistently demonstrating the Hospice Savannah values.
CORE VALUES: The AH LPN is expected to model the Hospice Savannah Corporate Values:
- Excellence - I bring my best everyday.
- Accountability - I take responsibility for my own performance.
- Compassion - I impact life's most sacred moments.
- Teamwork - I can't do my job without you.
- Stewardship - What I do today ensures tomorrow.
ABOUT HOSPICE SAVANNAH
Founded in 1979, Hospice Savannah, Inc. is the original, not-for-profit hospice helping patients and their families throughout Bryan, Chatham, Effingham, Liberty and Long counties. Our mission is to provide our community the best services and resources on living with a life limiting illness, dying, death, grief and loss.
We are the only hospice in this area to have earned the Gold Seal of Approval© from the Joint Commission. As a designated agency of the United Way of the Coastal Empire: we are proud that profits are returned in the form of extra services to our patients and families, rather than in dividends to financial shareholders. We offer:
- Medications and therapies related to the terminal illness,
- Peace of mind through round-the-clock on-call availability of registered nurses, social workers and chaplains,
- Medical equipment such as hospital beds, oxygen, wheelchairs and supplies and disposable paper products for patient comfort and caregiver convenience delivered to your home at no expense.
- Admission to our homelike 28-bed Hospice House for aggressive pain or symptom management.
- Five-day respite stays in Hospice House to offer caregivers a much needed break.
- Music therapy, story keeping, physical therapy, massage therapy, speech therapy, and nutritional counseling as needed.
- The support of physicians and nurse practitioners, nurses and other staff who are certified in hospice and palliative care medicine.
Additionally, we offer a generous benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Worker's Compensation Program
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Holiday and Bereavement Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Your decision to join Hospice Savannah will provide limitless rewards!
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, with a current GA LPN License. Minimum of one year of experience in hospice, oncology, med-surg or home health providing direct patient care. Hospice or Oncology experience preferred. Current CPR certification, Georgia Driver's License, and Current Automobile Insurance and reliable transportation required. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to successfully interact with a diverse patient population, families, physicians, Hospice Savannah staff, and the community at-large along with excellent customer service and documentation skills required. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, and database knowledge required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position requires moderate visual concentration for patient charting/documentation. Position carries a risk of exposure to infectious diseases requiring standard safety precautions. The AH LPN requires the mobility to ambulate or lift a patient with or without the assistance of devices in excess of 75 lbs. utilizing proper lifting techniques.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:: A full-time position, with occasional requests to work additional days/hours/holidays as needed. This position will work Tues, Wed, Thurs 5pm-8:30am. At times, due to patient census and acuity, this position may be required to remain on site at Hospice House during meal breaks. The Home Care position may be required to provide care in what has been determined by local authorities as a high-risk crime area and unsafe situations (potential or actual). The LPN is responsible for providing care under the direction of the RN and must be able to accurately, timely and concisely document the patient/family encounter using a computer. This position encounters stressful situation with patients and their families regarding end of life care. Although each LPN may be designated to a specific department/region in our service area, at times they may be required to serve patients outside of their department/specific region. The Home Care LPN will be required to perform patient visits utilizing their personal vehicle, and may require extensive driving.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.