Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Job ID: 292086Department
IUPUI HEALTH SERVICES (IN-SHSR-IUINA)Department Information
High quality healthcare right on campus.
Our mission at IUPUI Campus Health is to provide the best care at a low cost to our patients. Our primary focus is to ensure our students stay healthy and have access to our services when they are feeling under the weather. Our other goals are to provide medical services to IUPUI employees when related to their work, educational and training sessions. We are accredited by the American Association for Ambulatory Health Care.Job Summary
Primary responsibilities include wellness screening, counseling, and resource referrals to attain optimal health status and maintenance of related equipment. Secondary responsibilities include treatment of work related injuries, illnesses of employees, and general medical care for the IUPUI student population. Position includes daily entry of patient information into an electronic medical record system.
- Provide professional nursing care to patients and collaborates with the health care team.
- Prepare equipment and assist physician during examinations and treatments.
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor patient's vital signs.
- Maintain safe patient environment according to policies and procedures including universal precautions, infection control, equipment safety, and blood borne pathogens.
- Data entry of patient information in STIX and ECW.
- LPN degree and two years of nursing experience.
- LPN Indiana licensure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good physical assessment skills.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Computer skills related to inputting orders and other patient-related needs, as well as knowledge of biometric screening process and health care equipment operation (i.e. EKG, pulse oximeter, spirometry etc.).
- Computer and keying boarding skills.
- One year of experience of working in a acute care.
- Clinic experience.
Detailed work, confidentiality, communication, multiple concurrent tasks, and reading/interpreting medical documents. Assessment and problem solving, organization skills, and the ability to apply these principles.Work Location
1140 W Michigan St # 100
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202Job Classification
Salary Plan: PN
Salary Grade: 03
Job Function: Health ServicesEqual Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Contact Us
IUPUI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer and affords reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.