Mako Product Specialist Birmingham and Midlands
We are looking to hire a MAKO Product Specialist (MPS) to provide clinical product support to all end users of our pioneering MAKO Robotic Surgery Products. In this role you will be responsible for providing on-site guidance and assistance during surgical procedures, and for providing training, ongoing in-services, and customer education to the assigned account. You will also look to provide feedback on product design to improve performance and customer satisfaction. This role would ideally suit someone with Theatre experience from a Medical/Pharmaceutical sales, Physio / Sports Medicine or Radiography background, who has exemplary customer service as a key part of their DNA.
This role will predominantly cover Hospitals in north and south Birmingham
, but will have an expectation to travel to other UK locations to cover case work on occasion.
- Provide surgeons and operating room staff with training and Clinical/Technical support in the operation of the company's robotic arm applications, associated equipment and instruments to insure ideal placement and precision.
- Use proprietary software to prepare pre-operative CT scans for use in conjunction with the company's RIO/ Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System, assists surgeon in preoperative implant planning, implant sizing and positioning.
- Provide complete reports and associated metrics to management, direct supervisor and company's regulatory department detailing case reviews, services performed and recommendations for product, documentation and methodology improvements Maintains and controls local MAKO consigned equipment, instrument, implant and disposables inventories, processes sales orders and provides forecast input to District Sales Manager.
- Support company road-show demonstrations and 'Showsite' visits to provide potential customers with opportunity to see product in use and appreciation of clinical value.
- Train physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, radiology and central sterile processing on the use of the RIO System, accessories, disposables and implants.
- Provide prompt and accurate complaint reports per the requirements of MAKOs quality system.
- Solve product problems for customers in an expeditious manner.
- Provide case coverage at unassigned accounts.
- Support the development and execution of the sales plan as well as grow the utilization of the RIO system by increasing volume with current and potential surgeons.
- Actively sell the clinical benefits of the products, and build strong, positive relationships with key surgeons and OR staff at targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales Representatives and Marketing to increase public awareness.
- Obtain purchase orders for products consumed during surgical procedures and maintains and tracks consigned inventories of company's products.
- Partner with other cross functional teams in selling the clinical benefits of the companys products, drive continuous account growth and case volume.
- Prefer Bachelors Degree in a related technical or clinical field of study
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with all levels of a medical department (Head of Dept., Sr. & Jr. surgeons, nurses, surgical techs, central sterile processing techs)
- Demonstrated detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and comprehend written specifications and perform duties accordingly
- Prefer experience in a clinical (Theatre environment preferred) or technical environment (medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry)
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of business administrative and clerical procedures and system (e.g., word processing, file management and record maintenance)
- Demonstrated ability to apply office technology (e.g., ERP systems and Microsoft Access, Excel and Word)
Work From Home: Field-based
Travel Percentage: 40%
Stryker is one of the worlds leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at
Sales / Business Development
Arts / Entertainment / Media
Administrative / Clerical
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.