Manager Data Governance
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Manager Data Governance
Do work that matters
Risk Management Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) forms part of the Group Risk Management division, and specifically, it provides Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) businesses with specialist risk services and advice. The IB&M Chief Operating Office Risk Management team provides specialist risk advice to all IB&M business areas.
As our Manager Data Governance you’ll be reporting into the Risk Executive, Projects & Process Efficiency, IB&M Risk Management and have a multiple number of responsibilities pertaining to supporting the development of IB&M’s data governance capability. The role carries a high degree of influence and visibility across a wide group of internal stakeholders.
As a Manager with a Data Governance focus you will contribute to the development of the data management function within IB&M Risk Management by supporting the business in
defining, managing, sharing and governing its critical data elements.
On any given day you will be
- Responsible for the implementation of all aspects of data governance and data quality for their data scope
- Working with the CBA Group Data Office (GDO) by assisting in implementing APRA Practise guides relating to Data Risk - CPG235 / BCBS 239
- Perform and enhance monthly/periodic reporting and assessment of data quality reports and controls
- Provide specialist knowledge and be responsible for the identification, definition, lineage and documentation of critical data elements in accordance with the Group Data Management Policy and Standards
- Identify data quality issues and work with relevant stakeholders to design and monitor their resolution and remediation
- Engage with Line 1 Risk on all Data-related Risks, Controls, Incidents and Issues
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of BU’s /SU’s specific procedures relating to Data
- Support project / BAU teams with the data change impact assessments and implementation
- Represent IB&M Risk Management in data-related projects and initiatives
- Champion data quality and drive a culture of valuing data as an asset
- Providing assistance on regulatory matters relating to data including requests involving regulator engagement as required
- Assist with ongoing monitoring and validating of Data Quality Controls across IB&M Risk Management and IB&M.
We’re interested in hearing from people
- Demonstated experience at a major financial institution
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills and ability to build a strong rapport with colleagues
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to facilitate workshops and drive outcomes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively plan and deliver on work.
- Familiarity with the Bank’s customer, credit risk and institutional lending systems, processes and policies
- Knowledge of risk, lending and product systems
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple projects at one time and manage completing timelines
- Exposure to process improvement initiatives and experience in coordinating system/process changes
- Experience with business analysis and requirements elicitation and management
- Proficiency or strong understanding of capabilities in data analytics tools (eg. Tableau, SQL, VBA)
- Tertiary qualification in a finance, economics, technology (IT) or quantitative discipline.
- This role will suit a tech BA who is interested in pursuing data governance and taking the next step in becoming a data steward.
You’ll have a highly valued and visible role with exposure to complex projects and a variety of stakeholders across the business. From here, the opportunities are endless.
Whether you’re passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you’ll thrive. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We’re determined to make a real difference for Australia’s first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.