Manager Emerging Technology
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- You are a strategic thinker who enjoys technology & innovation.
- We are a results driven team committed to driving the adoption of new and emerging technology across the Group.
- Together we will work on interesting problem spaces to help CBA become The Bank of Tomorrow.
Do work that matters
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
See yourself in our team
The Emerging Technology team's purpose is to "Accelerate the discovery, commercialisation and adoption of new and emerging technology-led innovations across the Group". As part of Enterprise Services Performance Team, reporting to the GE and CIO for ES, we help drive the Group's Technology Strategy, by delivering a portfolio of innovation initiatives, aligned to our six Emerging Technology Focus Areas including AI, Next-Gen Infrastructure, Ecosystem Enablers, Crowdsourcing & Open Innovation, Core Tech and Risk & RegTech.
As a Manager within the Emerging Technology team you will support and lead in the development and delivery of a range of technology-led innovation initiatives across the CBA Group. Designed to support the Group's Technology Strategy, the Emerging Technology Focus Areas and initiatives help drive innovation and strategically aligned "big bets" where the Bank needs it most.
On any given week you will
- Leverage the Emerging Technology Innovation Process (aligned to ISO 56002 Innovation Management Systems) to identify, design, develop, mobilise, execute and close out a portfolio of innovation initiatives.
- Lead and support others in taking a hypothesis led approach to breaking down and solving problems.
- Support with identifying opportunities across the Group where the Emerging Technology Team can support.
- Prepare high quality written and visual content across a variety of different mediums including: PowerPoint, Word and Emails.
- Structure effective communications which take complex concepts or problems and articulates them in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
- Build and develop effective working relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders across the Group, as well as external innovation partners such as start-ups, Venture Capitalists and academia
Your path looks like
- Experience in Banking and/or IT companies in a strategic, technical or commercial role.
- Experience in a consultant or strategic advisory function.
- Experience in effective and disciplined Project Management.
- Keen interest in technology and innovation.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities with excellence in driving results and delivering customer satisfaction
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/08/2020
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.