Manager, Fraud Strategist - Charlotte, NC
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma depends upon our users' trust. We earn and maintain that trust by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information. The Trust & Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma's members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite. This role leads the Company’s fraud prevention and risk management strategies for payment systems, account opening and identity theft. The manager is responsible for evaluating industry, client and situational/threat trends by payment type, as well as cross-channel.
What You'll Do
- Develop and manage growing team of fraud Strategist for Member Profiles and associate financial products
- Serve as Domain Expert on Identity Theft, Account Takeover, Financial Products, and/or Tax Fraud
- Accountable for developing the company's fraud prevention environment
- Develop best practices and processes for fraud scoring rules, strategies, and other business improvements to reduce new account fraud activity
- Evaluate vendor platforms and work with partners to integrate fraud capabilities
- Defines and documents business requirements, processes, fraud prevention systems
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of fraud prevention initiatives
- Perform sophisticated analysis and/or modeling to identify patterns of fraudulent transactions and to prevent fraudulent usage of New Account/ Identity Theft/ ATM/Debit/ACH/Wires/P2P/Mobile Deposit, etc
- Work closely with our partners to develop, maintain and mature our fraud operating procedures and processes
- Partner with engineering and modeling teams to optimize system impact and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Strong communication and proven leadership abilities
- Expert understanding of the fraud management life cycle and industry trends
- Deep Experience building fraud processes for emerging risks and payment products
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech
- Broad knowledge of project management and business process re-engineering
- Mid level programming skills (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Understanding of NACHA rules, Reg E, Reg D, KYC/AML and Payment Network rules and regulations
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.