Manager, Information Solutions
Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across
Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand? D
you have a passion for developing applications with modern cloud technology in
an information driven corporation?
Become a Manager, Information Solutions with MPAC
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of
experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario.
What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the
property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day.
Our Information Technology team works closely with each department across the
business to design, build and deliver innovative solutions that help make MPAC
an international leader in the property assessment industry. The way we think
about technology is different, and our teams are proud to share their knowledge
and contribute to meaningful, technology-enabled success stories that enhance
operational intelligence and customer service delivery. We tackle complex
problems collaboratively in an agile environment, and are committed to ensuring
MPAC technology is consistently available, scalable, performance-based and
secure. We re a group of forward-thinking and talented professionals who st
ahead of the game by using open source technology, cutting-edge cloud
computing, advanced analytics and predictive and machine learning models.
Here s what you will do as part of the team:
* Provide technical leadership towards the implementation of information
sharing objectives and delivery of information solutions;
* Design and develop applications and technology to provide stakeholders
with tools crucial to their business continuity and success;
* Manage relationships and collaborate with external vendors on required
* Ensure technical issues are resolved and adhere to service level
* Create a learning environment where best practices and knowledge is
* Mentor and coach staff and recognize individual and team contribution and
* Continually innovate by leading projects aimed at centralized and
integrated solutions and at improving operation efficiencies, and meeting
* Participate in developing strategies and standards to implement processes
that ensure the highest quality and integrity of information processing
* Obtain approvals for major projects and initiatives from executive
management and obtain vendor quotes for new work objects and products;
* Research and stay informed about new or emerging trends in software
development and technology and suggest new toolsets/methods to improve
information processing and workload management;
* Lead and mentor your team while fostering a creative, collaborative and
empowered environment and promoting a customer-oriented service delivery
* Provide input to annual Branch operational goals, identify unit operating
budget requirements, and identify and develop plans to mitigate variances
Here s what you will need to succeed:
* Completion of a university degree or three-year college diploma and post
graduate certificate in Computer Sciences or a related field;
* Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in Information
Technology (ie. programming patterns, data structure and algorithms),
tools, skills, techniques and methods (ie. continuous integration/
delivery, version control, automated testing, software design patterns,
web services, messaging technologies, etc) and microservices
* Extensive working knowledge of Cloud Technology;
* A practical understanding of Agile methodology as it relates to the
software development life cycle;
* Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills;
* Strong interpersonal, communications and consultative skills; and
* Strong management and team building skills to provide leadership,
motivation and direction to staff.
Nice to have:
* Understanding of enterprise architecture practices and property valuation
* Certification in Scrum Master.
What s in it for you:
* Competitive compensation
* Great corporate culture
* Flexible work
* Opportunity for growth
* Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
* Leading edge technology
Full time MPAC employees also enjoy: competitive benefits package, defined
benefits pension plan, three weeks vacation to start, parental leave top-u
Posting number: MPAC-094-20
Number of positions: 1
Location: MPAC Head Office, Pickering
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Full-time
Branch: Architecture and Information Systems
Department: Information Technology
Position level and salary: PGH $97,317 - $121,646
Area of Search: Open
Ready to apply?
Click on the Apply Online icon, create your candidate profile and up
your resume and cover letter by July 10, 2020. Please note, only applications
submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification
with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing
your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with
Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to
disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all
employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We
are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public
and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or
those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for
further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not
designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the
English version of our website.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.