Manager, Refined Products Supply
The Global Refined Products Supply Manager (GRM) will be a key member of the IHS Markit Oil Markets, Midstream & Downstream (OMD) team. This position will play an important role in maintaining and developing OMD models used for forecasting and market analysis in support of our long-term Annual Strategic Work processes and outlook. As part of the annual update process, the candidate will be responsible for managing and developing the annual crude runs with yield shifts, product balancing, refinery capacity additions and balancing supply/demand with product trade for all countries while working with a global crude oil and refining and marketing team to ensure that all regional input and insights are incorporated into the final published deliverables.
The GRM will also have the responsibility to help the OMD team support existing clients with a focus on increasing IHS Markit OMD’s exposure inside client organizations with continuous proactive marketing of related OMD services to meet the annual growth goals.
The GRM will also be asked to assist on a variety of analysis including consulting engagements and business development activities. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented professional with career ambitions to grow in this dynamic company and complex industry. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively with a wide team member base across various regions and be able to multi-task and prioritize activities based on the business needs.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Manage, maintain and enhance proprietary supply/demand and refinery capacity and projects models and databases currently marketed to OMD clients.
- Willing to gain knowledge to learn about different refinery units to maintain a global refinery database. A team player who will coordinate the updating of the database with regional analysts around the world.
- Work with refinery linear programming models to balance product trade models.
- Provide written market analysis and reasoned forecasts to both internal stakeholders and clients
- Deliver consulting project models customized for client needs.
- Contribute to consulting projects and deliverables by conducting market trend analysis, scenario planning and competitive assessment, using the models.
- Contribute to business development and client relationship management, including proposal development.
- Align model databases with OMD's for consistency across products and deliverables.
- Conduct training of model methodologies and usage for clients and internal OMD colleagues and develop and maintain documentation for the model structure and functionalities.
- 6+ years in the energy industry with a preference for operations experience in a refinery or a petrochemical plant
- Engineering degree is an ideal qualification but a good technical or commercial degree will be accepted combined with industry knowledge in the downstream refining and petrochemical markets.
- Experience and comfortable working with various modeling applications including Microsoft Excel, and simulation & linear programming models.
- Any experience gained doing detailed energy modeling for forecasting demand and supply will be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent written and spoken English
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral). Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is necessary.
- Must be highly motivated, able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment
- The location is the IHS Markit Houston offices and the candidate must will be required to travel minimally within North America and as necessary to other regions.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.