Manager / Senior Manager (Data Policy Office), Technology & Logistics Policy Division
Ministry of Home Affairs
We work as a team, in partnership with the community, to make Singapore our safe and secure Best Home.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) aspires to be a world-class organization in delivering safety and security for our people. In pursing our mission to make Singapore our Safe and Secure Best Home, we remain always constant and true to our core values or Honour and Unity.
The jobholder will assist the Deputy Director (Data Policy) to develop MHA's Data Governance Framework, Data Management Policy and Data Strategy. This includes institutionalizing policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with IM8's Policy on Data Management and Governance, Circulars, Standards and relevant legislations, as well as formulate policies and procedures to promote data-sharing within the Home Team and with other government agencies.
The jobholder is also responsible for addressing and resolving data management issues related to data sharing, data governance and data harmonization between the data providers and requestors. The Data Policy Office plays a key role in coordinating the execution of MHA's Data Strategy. As a member of the office, the jobholder will lead key data strategy initiatives such as putting in place a MHA-wide data catalogue and metadata management framework to guide how data standards should be harmonized and databases should be structured to facilitate analytics.
- Assist to develop data-sharing policies, guidelines, processes and frameworks that are aligned to WOG polices.
- Institutionalise policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with IM8's Policy on Data Management and Governance, Circulars, Standards and relevant legislations.
- Identify issues and assist to formulate policies and procedures to promote data-sharing within the Home Team and with other government agencies.
- Provide advice to MHQ divisions and HTDs on data sharing issues not addressed by IM8 and the data sharing directive.
- Review and liaise with HTDs to apply data and ICT system classification.
- Secretariat to CDO Forum, a Data Governance Board for MHA.
- Support the Chief Data Officer in arbitrating data-sharing disputes, as and when they arise, including within Home Team and between HTDs and external agencies requesting for data.
- Develop a MHA-wide data catalogue and metadata management framework to guide how data standards should be harmonized and databases should be structured to facilitate analytics.
- Develop, establish and maintain confidentiality protocols and access rights to data owned by MHA agencies as well as collected from external data source agencies (including both government and private entities).
- Enhance data sharing within MHA through trusted and tiered data sharing frameworks for IT systems and data fields (with mapping of data sharing rules and provisions) for incorporation into the design of MHA's Operations Data Lake.
- Review and re-classify existing data sets and IT systems according to the new benchmark set by SNDGG.
- A tertiary education preferably in an IT-related field
- Interest and knowledge in data strategy, data management and data analytics is preferred. Work experience in related fields will be beneficial
- Basic understanding of data operations and data structure.
Personal Characteristics & Behaviour:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to analyse issues from different perspectives to enrich understanding and willing to challenge conventional wisdom
- Meticulous with strong analytical skills and conceptual abilities
- Resourceful, independent learner who thinks strategically and critically
- Good written and effective communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
All new appointees will be appointed on a two-year contract in the first instance.
We wish to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 30 days upon closing of the advertisement.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.