Manager, Strategy and Planning
At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
Shipt is growing and we are searching for a Manager, Strategy & Planning to join our team! As a Manager, Strategy and Planning at Shipt, you will have the opportunity to work for a competitive, fast-paced and innovative company. You will work across functions and with senior leaders to help identify and evaluate critical strategic problems / priorities and catalyze action against them through strategic planning and performance management.
As a strategist, consultant and implementer, you will play a critical role in helping to build a healthy organization, set the right strategy and process, and drive critical cross-functional efforts in close step with senior leaders across the organization.
We need someone who excels at "getting things done" in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, and who gets excited about this unique opportunity to contribute to the long-term success of the company.
What You’ll Gain
You will get experience working with a cross-disciplinary team shipping real-world products to our customers around the nation. You will also receive hands-on mentorship from your friendly teammates on topics ranging from design to career advice
- Work alongside core business functions to bring Shipt's enterprise strategies to life.
- Perform internal and external research (including competitive landscape and key industry, customer, and technology trend analyses) to evaluate and analyze potential medium to long-term changes in the operating environment
- Develop analytical frameworks to identify, assess, and prioritize a multi-horizon portfolio of strategic priorities to support company drive short and long-term growth goals
- Partner with cross-functional teams to set, track and manage progress against strategic priorities. As part of this, you’ll be aligning functions on shared vision, OKRs, metrics, etc.
- Coordinate and lead both small and large working sessions with business stakeholders that drive to conclusions, agreement and outcomes. Working with the Chief of Staff to the CEO you’ll execute detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Work with leadership to drive and program manage key corporate priorities and cross-functional initiatives, developing execution strategies and plans for corporate wide programs
- Provide tactical and strategic support on a range of executive-level operations and projects – e.g. business reviews, board updates, strategy updates, all-hands meetings, company offsites and other adhoc cross-functional and cross-discipline projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of practical experience, including strategic operations consulting roles, retail, supply chain, or other applicable industry experience
- Experience developing plans to achieve company / business unit strategies
- Experience leading cross-functional groups to develop and implement new capabilities
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to break down problems into fundamental parts, identify root causes, synthesize findings, and make informed decisions
- Experience with different types of analysis (e.g., financial analysis and modeling, process analysis, statistical measurement analysis)
- Competent in project management; has the ability to manage execution: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, and ensure timelines are met
- Proven ability to influence and communicate complex ideas effectively, verbally and in writing (including comfort with Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience in engagement with a top management consulting firm or corporate strategy group, managing large or complex projects
- Strong team and goal orientation with track record of success and ability to work successfully with others at all organizational levels
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn with a strong inclination to challenge the status quo and drive for results in ambiguous spaces and a fast-paced industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.