Manager to Senior Manager, Communications A
Singapore Tourism Board
Agency: Singapore Tourism Board
Job no.: 542092
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Marketing/Business Development
Purpose of job:
The Singapore Tourism Board’s (STB) Communications and Marketing Capability Division resides within the larger Marketing Group. It supports STB in the area of public relations and media engagement so as to drive awareness and publicity of STB, the tourism sector and the destination as a whole. The division also leads the marketing capability building initiative in STB to equip officers with the required skillsets to take on agile, bold and creative marketing.
As a communications / integrated public relations specialist, you will provide support on media-related matters to Line Units and strategic counsel to Regional Offices in support of tourism development in Singapore. Specifically, your role includes:
- Communications Planning & Message Development: Advise on PR approaches to projects; develop and execute integrated PR plans; craft media materials including press releases, speeches, message houses, media responses, interview talking points and social media posts
- Media Engagement (traditional, online and social): Cultivate media, manage media events, handle media queries, facilitate media interviews and monitor media coverage
- Crisis Communications & Issues Management: Anticipate and advise on potential issues; develop communications plans to manage issues and crises
- Stakeholder Engagement & Management: manage and advise internal and relevant external stakeholders on media communications and integrated public relations strategies and execution
- Marketing Communications: Work with marketing teams on integrating media communications initiatives within marketing strategies and campaigns/activities for key projects
- Strategic Counsel: provide counsel on media-related matters to regional offices
- Some experience in integrated public relations, corporate communications, journalism or editorial roles.
- At least 3 years working experience in integrated public relations, corporate communications or journalism.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong media relations
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent command of all aspects of the English language, both verbal and written communication.
- Possess a keen eye for detail with knowledge of the tourism sector and products in Singapore.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.