Manager/Assistant Manager (Resource Planning and Management, CPS)
Ministry of Social and Family Development
Agency: Ministry of Social and Family Development
Job no.: 542936
Work type: Permanent/Contract
Categories: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Social and Community Development
Looking for a workplace with passion and commitment to empower and restore lives of the vulnerable population in Singapore? Join the Rehabilitation and Protection Group (RPG)! As part of the RPG family, the Child Protective Service (CPS) is a statutory service and it leads in child protection policies and processes to safeguard the safety and well-being of children and young persons in Singapore. The science and art of our work remain very much firmly rooted on keeping children safe from harm, working in partnership with families and stakeholders such as the schools, hospitals and other community partners.
Your role is to oversee the financial and administrative functions of the division. You are responsible for budget planning and supporting the division’s operations by offering insights and financial advices to officers to make the best decisions. You will also help to perform reviews on operational policies and processes, and to put in place systems to achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
As a Manager/Assistant Manager reporting to an Assistant Director, you will be part of the Resource Planning and Management Unit in CPS. Your responsibilities include:
• Overseeing and reviewing works done by the finance team
• Producing financial reports related to budget and expenditure, assets monitoring as required
• Coordinating the budget planning for the division
• Looking into strengthening current internal controls and process improvements
• Providing advice on financial and administrative matters to officers
• At least a Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration, or equivalent
• At least 2 years of relevant working experience
• Familiarity with Government financial management processes is an advantage
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Has good supervisory, written and oral communication skills
• Effective at multi-tasking with excellent communications, interpersonal and project management skills
• Good analytical and critical thinking abilities
• Enjoy teamwork
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.