Managing Signal Engineer
WSP Global Inc.
Be involved in projects with our Transit and Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Managing Signal Engineer for our Philadelphia office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailed design of signal systems, both plans and specifications
- Experience with the following Train Control Systems:
- Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), Positive Train Control (PTC), Automatic Train Supervision (ATS), Automatic Train Protection (ATP), Automatic Train Operation (ATO), Solid State Interlocking (SSI), Cab Signaling and/or conventional signaling systems
- Vital and non-vital processor programming
- Develop and review designs and technical specifications
- Coordination of project designs with other disciplines including attendance at project meetings
- Review shop drawings, record changes and communicate directly with suppliers, contractors and client representatives as required
- Identify construction costs trending out of budget
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Minimum 15 years of experience of the design, construction, testing and commissioning of Train Control Systems and Equipment with a Transit Authority or Signaling Manufacturer
- Experience in Train Control System Design Management, Construction Management and/or Project Management
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Professional Engineering License
- Experience with train control systems for Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Commuter Rail, Mass Transit and High Speed Rail Projects
- 25+ years of experience
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.