Marine Assistant (Port Limit Steersman) #SGUnitedTraineeships
PSA MARINE (PTE) LTD
PSA Marine supports the 24/7 marine operations in the Port of Singapore. Marine Assistants form one of the key frontline employee profile in the pilot launch section as they ensure the operational readiness of the pilot launch crafts.
This position reports to the Launch Master on board a pilot launch craft. The Marine Assistant will assist and support the Launch Master to provide a secondary lookout support when the pilot launch craft is underway. He/She will also provide assistance in mooring of ropes, safe embarkation and disembarkation of harbour pilots and maintenance of marine engine parts.
Candidates are expected to:-
• Perform lookout duties on the craft;
• Handle craft’s mooring ropes during berthing and unberthing;
• Handle tow ropes and water hoses;
• Combat oil pollution, operate craft’s VHF set and assist in the operations of the craft;
• Perform fire-fighting duties when required;
• Assist in the refuelling and recording of meter readings;
• Assist passengers in their safe embarkation and disembarkation; and
• Promote clean and tidy working environment and upkeep condition of the launch craft by performing specific maintenance activities in the deck, engine room and wheelhouse of the launch craft.
The ideal candidate should preferably:-
• Possess at least Nitec/Higher Nitec qualifications; and
• Be willing to perform shift work.Requirements
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.