Market Risk Technology Business Analyst
Date live: 07/10/2020
Reference Code: 90264522
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
System or Product Business Analysts co-ordinate, plan and perform analysis tasks for their specialist applications and manage internal domain analysis resources for one or more components of a Programme. They act as a reviewer and quality gate for analysis output, challenging IT to ensure root cause is addressed and the right design delivered for user requirements.What you’ll be doing?
• Provide support to the Lead Business Analyst, helping to define analysis
approach in line with the strategic vision of the programme and the preferred
methodology of the organisation.
• Articulate and present commercial effectiveness of requirement proposals
within a project or initiative.
• Face off to one or many business areas/Subject Matter Experts(SME)
gathering high level requirements and challenging where necessary.
• Work independently to elicit, validate and document systems requirements in
either Business Requirements Documents or user/feature stories depending
on the Software Development Life Cycle in use by the development teams.
• Participation in the Design process coordinated by the Programme
Management team, from Design approval to functional design completion –
help to ensure the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
• Support the Testing Strategy and input into the coverage of Test scenarios and
conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
• Where applicable, during testing own the resolution of defects pertaining to
requirement and design working with test teams and SMEs.
• Where applicable, work with functional or business areas and SMEs to plan
migrations of users and or transactions.
What we’re looking for:
o Experience of some of the underpinning frameworks and tools for business
analysis documentation e.g. UML / BPMN
o Exposure to working in medium to large scale change initiatives
o Exposure to the software development lifecycle, the roles and responsibilities
on large projects and the motivations of the actors involved
o Adept at using Microsoft Office products with some experience using other
software packages relevant to BA work e.g. Python, R, SQL
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent analytical/mathematical skills
• Excellent communication skills - including the ability to convey information to
non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
• Strong stakeholder management, able to communicate at all levels and build
• Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly pressurised
upport environmentWhere will you be working?
Barclays, London: Where the best meet to build careers full of scope, variety and reward. Creating the solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions, and redefines the future of finance. Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.