Marketing & Content Coordinator (Voluntary)
We are a small group of entrepreneurs, researchers and innovators who are purpose-driven to reduce our impact, one household and one community at a time.
At Stanwell Park Eco Centre, our vision is to create a sustainability hub in the northern Illawarra area with a focus on food security, community resilience and innovation. In a time of increased uncertainty in supply chains, job insecurity and social isolation, the aims of our not-for-profit organisation are to:
- EMPOWER: Upskill our community, empowering members with the tools and knowledge to grow their own food and reduce their food miles.
- SHARE: Develop spaces where locals can share knowledge, produce and resources to help alleviate social isolation.
- LEARN: Increase knowledge through environmental workshops and training, both on site and in conjunction with other community gardens.
- INNOVATE: Create spaces for innovative businesses or sustainability related start-ups to demonstrate or test small scale food tech innovations.
- PARTNER: Partner with affiliated organisations and sponsors in supporting the long term viability of locally produced, sustainable gardening.
- SCALE: Demonstrate best practices in developing a scalable, repeatable model for localised community gardening projects.
- Content writing: SEO driven, relatable content on topics including gardening, permaculture, sustainability, mental health, family health, plant-based nutrition.
- Ability to use basic HTML or CSS.
- Ability to use EDM platforms to connect with our community.
- Social media management experience including basic graphic design.
- You're extremely passionate about writing on topics like the environment, growing food and reducing carbon emissions.
- You've studied environmental science, permaculture, ecology, biology or social sciences.
- You have at least 8-10 hours spare a week to work remotely or on site (office in Stanwell Park on the beautiful South Coast) for a minimum of 12 weeks commencing in late July 2020.
- You're a quick learner who is detail-oriented with a positive, roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude.
- You love plants. And dogs. This is non-negotiable.
- At least 12 weeks of work experience with references from a passionate, highly skilled marketing and business development team.
- A chance to be part of a project that makes measurable social and environmental impact.
- The ultimate work/life balance: we have a self-contained unit we can make available during the week, nestled between the national park and beautiful south coast beaches.
This is a unique opportunity to do something different, take time out of your career, get out of the city and back into nature for a day or two a week.
Please only apply if you can meet the above requirements. We look forward to hearing from you.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.