Marketing Manager (Volunteer)
Marketing Manager (Volunteer)
Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work.
Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. *This is a
Are you an experienced marketing manager who is passionate about making a
difference? Are you excited about the opportunity to work with smart and
talented individuals committed to producing great content in the public
interest? Can you commit a minimum of 10 hours a week, working remotely on your
own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
Check out . You ll quickly see that we re a credible sol
to the raging debate over whether the news is fake or not, wit
agenda-free research and bracingly fresh analysis. Not left-wing, not right-
wing, not consensus-seeking. We just want the truth -- whatever it is.
We have thought long and hard about what limits journalism s ability to
effect positive change in the public interest, and we see two factors that
dominate the landscape: (1) Commercial entities overly concerned with meeting
financial goals and filling eyeball quotas while keeping up w
rest of the pack, thereby ensuring a sameness and superficiality to the
coverage (2) Ideologically driven outfits that cater to a specific mindset and
dare not reveal things that would upset their readers or force them to
reconsider their values.
At WhoWhatWhy, we go at each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and
a willingness to dig deep and ask hard questions even when we re tol
to. Nothing is going to stand in our way when it comes to discovering what is
going on beneath the surface, and why. Call it naive to believe such
fearlessness possible, but we think it s the essence of true journalism.
And because we re straight to the point, we make clear that we re look
for volunteers skilled volunteers. Yes, we re a nonprofit that wasn
funded by a zillionaire. Yes, we decline to accept corporate ads. Yes, we have
a tiny budget right now and simply don't have the ability to pay many people
* Perform daily campaign management and monitor pay-per-click accounts on
Google AdWords, Bing and other search platforms
* Monitor keyword bids, daily and monthly budget caps, impression share,
quality score and other important account metrics
* Testing of Google Smart Bidding strategies, account structures, Google
betas, and landing pages in order to continually improve key metrics
(leads, conversions, CPA, ROAS)
* Manage and maintain updates for large keyword lists
* Handle display network placement lists on AdWords and through other
contextual advertising platforms
* Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities,
campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of
paid search in accordance with campaign goals
* Support the new paid search campaigns for lead generation and aid in the
creation of new paid search marketing initiatives
* Generate weekly reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, and
other paid search initiatives
* Keep pace with search engine and PPC industry trends and developments
* Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key
reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance with
* Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the
major search channels
* 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Paid Search Specialist or
* Full understanding of Google Ads, Google Ads Editor, Microsoft Ads,
Microsoft Ads Editor, and paid search platforms (certifications a plus)
* Proficient in keyword planning, account setup, smart bidding strategy
(CPA, ROAS, Enhanced CPC, portfolio bidding, target impression share),
audience targeting, demographic and device segmentation
* Strong understanding of quality score, CPCs, CVR, auction insights, etc.
* Experience with running A/B split tests, calculating significance,
tracking results, reporting on results on a weekly basis to management
* Advanced knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Paid Search (PPC)
* Advanced knowledge of Search Bidding platforms and tools
* Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills. Leverage data to
make intelligent, actionable business decisions
* Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
* Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming
* Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your
* Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
* Have fun while you make a difference
* You will be seen!
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum
commitment of 10-15 hours a week (Though doing more is not discouraged!).
Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through
slack, email, and a few conference calls. All volunteers are required to
respond to slack conversations and emails daily. If you possess a high level of
self-motivation, work well independently but also have strong collaboration
skills and enjoy the opportunity to partner with other senior leaders, and can
commit quality time per week on a regular basis to help achieve team goals,
we d like to hear from you.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply,
send your resume and customized cover letterthat shows that you have studied
and thought about what we do at WhoWhatWhy and explains why you are a good fit
for this position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send
a cover letter to . You should also confirm your understanding
that this is a volunteer position. Thank you!
Powered by JazzHR
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.