Marketing Strategy and Operations Manager
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, business strategy, marketing or a related field.
- Master's degree.
- Industry experience in tech, media or telco related fields.
- Experience in a role requiring rigorous analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and complex stakeholder management.
- Understanding of Google's products and technology industry.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills and impeccable business judgment. Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a part of the APAC Marketing Strategy and Operations team, you will play a vital role in setting Google Marketing’s direction in Australia and New Zealand, as well as the operating model and communications of the team. You will engage regularly with and become an essential partner to the Australia and New Zealand Marketing Director and their leadership team, getting broad exposure to the entire business. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to work on cross-country APAC initiatives as part of the broader APAC Strategy and Operations regional team.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.Resposibilities
- Partner with leadership to set Marketing’s annual strategic plan, articulating Marketing’s priorities and corresponding investment. Coordinate Director/VP level deliverables.
- Run smooth, efficient operations including staffing, goal-setting, and training. Lead annual planning and resource management.
- Bring science and rigor to establishing Marketing’s priorities. Conduct data-driven business analytics to support and make recommendations on strategy and investment.
- Deliver high quality executive communications (e.g., develop narratives, partner across cross-functional teams on content, and manage delivery of messaging).
- Evaluate and pressure test Marketing performance on Google's core products and priorities. Identify opportunities to drive product growth and user engagement, and develop data-driven recommendations for leadership.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.