[MAS] #SGUnitedJobs Hadoop Support Manager (1-year contract)
Monetary Authority of Singapore
The Data Collection Transformation (DCT) programme in MAS aims to transform the way MAS collects and utilizes regulatory returns data provided by the financial institutions (FIs). DCT’s current focus is on the revision of MAS notice 610/1003.
The Hadoop Support Manager will be responsible for managing the Hadoop Data Lake platform used for storage and consumption of MAS 610 data. The platform is used by internal users for their business activities such as banking supervision, policymaking and external reporting needs. Data lake platform is using the technologies such as Hadoop, Informatica Big Data Management (BDM),Enterprise Data Catalogue (EDC) and Denodo.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the Data Lake platform, ensuring that systems work reliably and securely
• Work with the IT teams and business users to maintain the Service Level Agreement
• Track and monitor vendor performance in root cause analysis and problem rectification, including system changes required to prevent a recurrence of the incident
• Manage the vendors’ supporting the IT platform and systems
• Manage the vendors’ service quality, contract and support standard in accordance to corporate policies and guidelines.
• Partner closely with IT teams to ensure the successful setup of/changes to hardware, virtual machine, cyber security, operating system and databases associated with the supported platforms.
• Manage the Platform administration , optimisation and planning
• Work as a technical Advisory and liaison for new on-boarding projects
• Responsible for System activity planning, for example patching and upgrading
• Resolve technical issues raised by users
• Responsible to handle change requests, service request and incident tickets. Ensure proper ownership and closure of these request/tickets.
• Plan, design and deliver successful big data projects to ingest and process data sets based on reporting needs
• Responsible for the technical design of data lake components including ETL, data transformations, reporting and analytics services. Assist in architecture review and approvals Involve in user and system support during and post system implementation.
• Perform user access provisioning and conduct periodic user review and log review.
• Ensure compliance to the corporate standards, policies and guidelines related to the application services.
• Manage, support and track IT changes activities; provide monthly IT application and operations statistics.
• Maintains proper documentation for all projects and issues handled
• Vendor management to ensure that deliverables are rolled-out in accordance to project and programme plans
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.