Materials Management Tech
Job ID 2020-
Employment Type Full Time
Department Central Services And Supplies
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility St Josephs Hospital and Medical Center
Standard Hours Varied 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM (Saturdays Required)
Work Schedule 8 Hour
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph's is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital's patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph's.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
Look for us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
Under direction of the Materials Management Manager/Supervisor disinfects medical equipment and procedure carts per department procedure. Receives, stores, issues and delivers supplies and equipment. Prepares equipment and supplies for shipping, as needed. Performs daily counts of par-level locations via hand-held technology, approved supply storage system or materials management information system. Performs data entry of stock items issued from inventory.
Maintains hospital inventory and materials management work areas in a clean and orderly manner. Participants in
inventory/cycle counting process per department procedure. Mission: Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate,
high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and
disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
* Medical Coverage - The Dignity Health Arizona Preferred Plan is a 'no premium' plan for employees
* Dental Plans - There are three dental plans to choose from to include a 'no premium' plan!
* Vision Plans
* Tuition Assistance Program - $5,250 for full-time employees and $2,625 for part-time employees
* Student Loan Program
* Paid Time Off (PTO) - Up to 24 days per year
* Paid Holidays - Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for paid holidays
* Two (2) years or more experience working with large enterprise resource planning systems
* Six (6) months of inventory management experience in a medical setting
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Competent in Microsoft Word, Outlook and basic computer operations
* Ability to communicate verbally and in written form in English
* Good numerical skills a must
* Sound customer service techniques and practices
* Ability to communicate in a professional and articulate manner with internal and external partners at all levels both verbal and written
* Ability to remain calm and courteous while handling problems
* Comfortable as a team member and informational leader
* Sound knowledge of Materials Management
* Valid state driver license
* Twelve (12) months related work experience in a hospital stockroom or warehouse preferred
* Forklift operation certification and/or experience
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.