Med Lab Technician - Molecular Night Shift - 12427
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3883615 City:
n10:00 pm n
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hours n
n6:30 am n
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday n
Required to Work:
nWeekends, Holidays, On Call n
nWe are offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for 3rd shift!
Did you know Sonora Quest Laboratories is the leader in infectious disease testing services in Arizona?
With a broad menu of molecular, antibody, and other test services to aid diagnosis, treatment and monitoring, we are seeking to grow our Molecular team. If you are a Medical Lab Technician eager to help better the health of our community, join our team efforts to ramp up COVID-19 testing.
Sonora Quest has performed and reported results of more than 35,000 diagnostic COVID-19 tests. Furthermore, with additional test collection supplies such as swabs, reagents and appropriate personal protective
We are looking to hire Medical Lab Technicians for night shift working 10 PM to 6:30 AM Mon - Fri (including weekends and holidays). 15% shift differential. Apply now and let's get started in your future!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS n
1. Performs testing in an accurate and timely manner according to established policies and performance standards with a knowledge level determined for that testing. Responsible for start up, calibration and accuracy of procedures and instrumentation. Exercises independent judgment and can identify appropriate resources in performance of assigned duties utilizing knowledge and skills. Demonstrates comprehension of theory and clinical relevance of testing. Demonstrates problem resolution and decision making skills for routine operational and technical problems. Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems used in the department and can perform basic troubleshooting of computer problems. Demonstrates awareness and complies with accrediting agency and regulatory requirements related to area of responsibility.
2. Recognizes and ensures validity of abnormal patient and/or QC results for testing. Ensures accuracy of test results. Participates in detecting and documenting occurrences that deviate from defined procedures. Demonstrates appropriate resolution and follow through for problem solving identified during testing. Promotes and consistently meets department standards for productivity and quality.
3. Ensures the appropriate use of supplies and materials and assists with inventory management. Ensures efficient utilization of reagents and supplies. Recognizes and provides input towards opportunities for improvements in financial performance to decrease costs, improve productivity, and improve service.
4. Self directed and motivated to contribute to projects identified by the supervisor, with the completion of a minimum of one project per year. Seeks out opportunities to identify projects relating to department needs. Active in training and competency of laboratory personnel. Performs well in supervisor's absence and provides guidance on issues relating to pre-analytical, waived and non-waived testing. Completes training module for newly hired/transferred personnel.
5. Communicates courteously, professionally, effectively and accurately with internal and external customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS n
• Associate's Degree in medical laboratory science, OR
• Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science, OR
• Have successfully completed military training of 50 or more weeks and served as a medical laboratory pecialist. Military must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLT), student's clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete the MLT program within one year of hire.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS n
• MLT certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).
Note: There is heavy use of bleach in the Molecular Department.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.