Media Control Center Operator - Fox Technology
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Media Control Center Operator is responsible for supporting the daily transmission of hundreds of inbound and outbound feeds and monitoring distribution platforms. The Analyst, Media Control Center interacts with Fox Sports, Entertainment, and News team to innovate and test new distribution solutions.
This role is part of the Media Operations team, which is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across Fox networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great Fox content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for QA, monitoring, reporting & incident management across all linear, streaming (OTT) and digital platforms
- Performs the monitoring and switching of all inbound and outbound transmission systems
- Help troubleshoot and fix signal quality and routing issues and incidences according to standard operating procedures
- Performs live transmission signal check-ins with remote production venues during live events
- Helps set up equipment to receive and distribute feeds to and from the media control center
- Supports communication with management teams, affiliates and other third party or downstream partners
- Supports Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams
- Partners with Live Media, Consumer Products & Engineering and other Media Operations teams and steps in to help in other areas as needed
- Works closely with all business units and provides world-class customer service support.
- Jumps on opportunities to learn new skills, especially in emerging technologies
- Utilizes existing career development programs to advance career
- Aspires to perform at the highest level to deliver high-quality products
- Makes great contributions to the team and is an all-star team player
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
- Ability to communicate with your team and your customers
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree is awesome, but not required
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range and HDR10+ is a plus
- Customer service experience
- You are a team player and care about your team's success
- You are confident to share audacious game-changing perspectives
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You enjoy being part of an all-star team and working in a start-up environment
- You are an all-star utility player with the flexibility to cross-train and work in different areas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.