Medical Coding Specialist - Temporary Work from Home Opportunity!
Air Medical Group Holdings
Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. Guardian has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
Pay will be based on experience and will be discussed in your interview.
Available schedules are Monday through Friday:
- 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
- 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
- 9:00 AM-5:30 PM
The Medical Coding Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely claims submissions and processing of claims for all payers. The successful candidate will possess a strong attention to detail, have effective communication skills as well as a proven record of accomplishment of billing claims in a fast-paced, goal-oriented team environment. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, this position will require you to train in office for a short amount of time, and then transition to work from home! This will be a temporary situation and we plan to return to the office as soon as possible. We are not providing computer equipment at this time, so you must have your own computer and a reliable internet connection to qualify.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and analyzes patient charts for completeness and accuracy
- Determines and posts the correct diagnosis and HCPCS codes according to the patient records.
- Captures and processes all account charges.
- Meets daily and monthly departmental production goals set forth by the Supervisor to ensure that the company is achieving its financial goals.
- Proactively works with Supervisor to develop appeal strategies where challenges arise.
- Provides feedback to management regarding any new patterns of payer behaviors or repetitive insurance verification, coding, or billing errors.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- 1+ years of experience billing and/or coding insurance claims in the medical provider industry.
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience.
- Coding certification preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment, have the experience to operate multiple computer applications, have strong experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting. Most importantly, he or she must possess the skills to accurately analyze and research complex patient accounts, thus leading to the appropriate actions to resolve the account in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Talk/hear: must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
- Adequate concentration/Memory skills
- Ability to comprehend and understand information
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Meet project deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply good judgment
- Decision making
- Ability to take direction
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.