Medical Outcomes Specialist Mass/RI
The Medical Outcomes Specialist (MOS) will develop long-term relationships with a wide variety of key healthcare stakeholders and customers to include Managed Care, Medical Groups, Integrated Delivery Systems, in order to demonstrate clinical and economic value of Pfizer’s in-line medicines. These MOS activities are implemented to help inform formulary decision-making through medical presentations, pharmacoeconomic analyses, and outcomes evaluations. Additional customer collaborations are built with the goal of aligning with corporate medical priorities and the specific needs of the customer to advance the quality of patient care in areas of mutual interest, to identify provider and/or patient knowledge gaps, and areas for quality improvement interventions. They will develop and maintain an advanced perspective of the evolving clinical and healthcare landscape. The MOS will utilize advanced HIT understanding to help assist customers in data analytics to address population health issues. The MOS will also provide Pfizer brand teams with customer and clinical insights to assist in informing Pfizer strategies on critical health issues and facilitate the development of customer-focused tools and medical communications to support patient access to quality medicines.
Partnership with commercial leadership
- Contribute to medical insight and support for the development of customer plans that provide innovative and targeted solutions that advance the quality of patient care in regional markets
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship and communication with commercial and other colleagues to develop appropriate joint customer goals and individual strategies to meet medical needs with prioritized customers
Working with External Partners
- Provide objective and scientifically sound medical information regarding Pfizer’s in-line portfolio and the diseases states they treat through use of pharmacoeconomic models, outcomes tools, educational programs, HOPEs (Health Outcomes Projects and Evaluations), Non-interventional Studies and collaborations.
- Appropriately prioritize the needs of the customer and of Pfizer to implement HOPEs, educational programs and other tools which identify the greatest opportunities for improving patient care and quality gaps and addressing population health management
- Integrate clinical, HIT, market and account dynamics to provide mutually beneficial customer-specific projects
- Develop strategic medical partnerships to improve patient outcomes
- Respond to unsolicited requests from customers regarding scientific interpretation of clinical information and pharmacoeconomic impact of product selection to further advance formulary decision making or patient outcomes through appropriate pharmaceutical care within the legal guidance of the MOS specialty
- Engage with key stakeholders and influencers within the market, such as Quality Improvement Organizations, Advocacy Groups, Coalitions and other medical/healthcare associations.
- Enhance customer recognition through collaborative projects, publications and healthcare awards.
- Ability to travel up to 30% which includes of overnight travel; must have a valid, US Driver’s License. Must meet and comply with all Corporate Travel and Fleet requirements, policies and procedures as applicable.
Supporting Medical Affairs Integrated Medical Plan
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of disease area(s) and Pfizer products in order to provide context for functional and technical excellence in collaboration with other medical and commercial colleagues/groups within Pfizer as well as priority customers
- Ensure that customer insights are shared with relevant leadership to assist in informing future field based medical strategy
- Serve as members of Product Support Teams (PSTs) and Medical Advisory Teams (MATs) Health Trends and Channels Teams (HTACs)
- stakeholders to ensure appropriate tools are available and relevant to meet changing customer needs
- Manage resources strategically
- Contribute to an engaged and effective work environment
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for reporting activities, impacts and Unsolicited Medical Request (UMR) entries.
- Work within Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) guidelines
- Doctoral Level Pharmacy Degree highly preferred but other advanced degrees will be considered
- Graduated from an accredited College of Pharmacy or equivalent
- Possesses an advance degree and/or equivalent pharmacy practice experience – minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience
- Prior Experience Preferred
- Clinical, Formulary Management, and/or management experience
- Managed Care, Pharmaceutical Industry, and/or Quality Improvement experience
- Pharmacoeconomic and/or Outcomes Research experience
- Residency or Fellowship experience
- US Pharmacy Licensure or other US Clinical Licensure will be considered
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate the value of Pfizer products and medical resources to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Understand, demonstrate, and leverage knowledge of the complex business environment within the US Healthcare System and emerging healthcare trends
- Demonstrate/relay clinical knowledge and skills with Pfizer products and related disease states appropriate to customer level or needs
- Able to leverage clinical/market knowledge to provide solutions to benefit customer challenges
- Excellent computer/technology skills with Microsoft applications and other software tools.
- Microsoft Access and Statistics Software experience a plus.
- Understanding of Health Information Technology and how to access and analyze data from EHRs and other HIT platforms
- Must be able to operate of Pfizer vehicle
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: July 31, 2020
- Additional Location Information: Selected candidate must reside in the identified territory.
- Eligible for Relocation Package - NO
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus - YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.